Search for content in message boards

Italian Birth Certificates

Italian Birth Certificates

Posted: 12 Feb 2010 9:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Feb 2010 12:20AM GMT
I am need of help . My niece has tried for several yrs to get her birth cert. from Italy and they keep sending her papers back and say they can not help her .
She was born in Trieste Italy , I found a web site but can not read it . Can anyone help me here . Thank you .

Re: Italian Birth Certificates

Posted: 12 Feb 2010 9:24PM GMT
Edited: 13 Feb 2010 12:21AM GMT
Trieste is both a city and a Province. So being born in Trieste might be that she was born in the Province of Trieste, but not within the city limits. She may have been born in a small town within the same Province.

It Italy, all records are in the town of the event. There is no central repository of records. So it is important to know the exact town of origin.

This might be your problem. When was she born? When did she immigrate from Italy? What does her passport state? Maybe we can get to the bottom of this with a bit more information on her origins and when.

Let us know and we might be able to provide more information.

Posted: 13 Feb 2010 7:19PM GMT
I may be able to find the exact town of birth from our non internet terminal which is connected all towns in Italy.
Send me the name, date of birth and probable town of birth in the Province of Triste

Anthony
italianlaw@comcast.net
San Fancisco

Posted: 13 Feb 2010 10:24PM GMT
Anthony...

She posted two birth certificates from Muggia. Looks like she is looking for the birth extracts as the BC she got only listed the person and the date of birth.

Her post and my reply to that were deleted--I guess for the privacy of the information on the Birth Certificate. Not sure because there was no direct response to what I posted. But I am sure the town was Muggia.

Maybe you can help....

(PS> Miss you on VI)

Posted: 13 Feb 2010 11:38PM GMT
Hi
I am connected to the Muggia (TS) server as I type, but find no data in to enter in the thread.

Interesting you remember me from VI. (The owners have settled in Ansio, Italy. They may start up VI again)

Anthony
italianlaw@comcast.net
San Francisco

Posted: 14 Feb 2010 11:33AM GMT
"Her post and my reply to that were deleted--I guess for the privacy of the information on the Birth Certificate."

When you have a question about deleted posts it's best to contact the board admin because only he/she can answer that question. Click on the 'board information' under Page Tools for contact information.

It's a violation of the Community Guidelines to post identifiable on living people. See the bottom of any message board page for the Community Guidelines, Board FAQ, and Rules.

When one post is deleted those attached to it are also removed. It's how the system works. At this time there is no way to remove just the offending post and leave the responses.

---Board Admin

Posted: 14 Feb 2010 12:42PM GMT
Thank you for the clarification. And for monitoring posts.

Much appreciated.

Posted: 15 Feb 2010 4:51PM GMT
Yes , Thank You . I messed up some how and sent it to the wrong place . I was meaning to send it to and Aunt . Thank You for deleating my post .
per page

Find a board about a specific topic