Search for content in message boards

John Caldwell Brown > Burke Co., NC > TN

John Caldwell Brown > Burke Co., NC > TN

Posted: 14 Sep 2003 4:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Need any info on John Caldwell Brown who came from Burke Co., NC and settled in East TN around the 1840s.

Known children:
Peleg Brown, m. Rosamund Bean
Margaret Brown, m. Charles R. Bean
James Brown, m. Elizabeth Bean
Mary Ann Brown, m. Joseph Bean
John Brown, m. Jane McNabb

Grandson: John Brown of Greasy Cove

Re: John Caldwell Brown > Burke Co., NC > TN

Posted: 4 Nov 2009 7:28PM GMT
Surnames: Brown
His father is most likely John Caldwell/Colwell Brown from Lunenburg County, VA that moved to Burke/Caldwell Counties, NC. Here is a webpage you can check out that has more information. http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/BROWN/2007-09/...

Posted: 5 Nov 2009 2:09AM GMT
Thank you for this info. Do you know anything else about this John Caldwell/Colwell Brown? I went to the website you gave and appreciate you giving me that. I have really been stuck on this ancestor and would appreciate anything you know. Thanks again, Sally

Posted: 5 Nov 2009 9:49PM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Estes
I wish I did know more about John Colwell Brown, but I do not. He is listed on the 1790 census in Burke Co, NC as John Colwill Brown. I'm related to him through his daughter Frances who married Len Estes. If you ever find out anything else about him, please let me know.

Re: Estes connection

Posted: 10 Nov 2009 8:08PM GMT
Surnames: Holt, Powell, Estes
I am interested in your ancestor Estes. Would there be any link to a Barbara ESTES (b 1727 Henry Co. VA - d aft 1756) who md 1745 Ambrose HOLT and had children: Elisha 1746 Lunenburg Co. VA; William B. 1748 Lunenburg; Ellen 1750 Franklin Co. VA.
Ambrose Holt was a descendant of Holts of NC.

Re: Estes connection

Posted: 12 Nov 2009 1:47AM GMT
Surnames: Estes, Brown, Atkins, Yancy
I am not sure if there is a connection or not. Len or Leonard Estes that married Frances Brown was the son of Reuben Estes and Delphia Atkins. Reuben is the son of Richard Estes and Mary Yancy. If you're related to any of them, there is some sort of connection, but I'm not sure what it may be. I hope this helps.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic