Search for content in message boards

POWER / NEWFOUNDLAND

POWER / NEWFOUNDLAND

Posted: 12 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 1:19AM GMT

Tramore parish Power clan immigrated to Newfoundland.
Thomas born 1781
Michael born 1782
William born 1783
Johanna born 1785
John born 1785
Maybe siblings?????
Please e-mail ANY connections or clues!
Cathy
cleo@iserv.net

Power family

Brian Power (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Power
Cathy,

I'm just beginning to look into the Power family history. I have no information to offer you, but would love to learn more or offer any assistance if possible. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Best of luck,

Brian Power
Westchester Co., NY

Power/Newfoundland

Jim Shumaker (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Power, Twible, Driscoll
I have a John Power who was born 1793/4 in Ireland who was a weaver by trade. He married a Mary Ann Twible around 1812. Moved to England soon after he was married. Sometime around 1820 he imigrated to Newfoundland. I have a record of a schooner picking him up at Labrador and dropping him off at Marblehead, MA in late 1821. He eventually located in OH. I don't know if this links up or not.

Power/Driscoll Newfoundlan

Posted: 28 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Oct 2001 5:13AM GMT
Surnames: Power, Driscoll, Ronayne
Working on the above family names in Tors Cove Newfoundland.
The early settlers appear to have come from Tramore. Please contact if you would like to exchange information.

Power surname

Posted: 13 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Oct 2005 6:33PM GMT
Surnames: Power, Butler
I am searching for the Parents of John Power who married Margaret Maloney at Quebec City 1842 at Notre Dame du Quebec. They were Patrick Power and Catherine Butler. They married about 1815 and John Power was born about 1817. You stated you were researching this surname in Newfoundland and wondered if your research might have uncovered these people. I am uncertain of John`s travels but know he was born in Ireland as were his parents. sincerely R. Brown
Posted: 15 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Power
Sorry no tie in. The Powers in Newfoundland came from sothern Ireland around 1800. The families were quite close in small fishing harbours. I do not think they moved around much till into the 1900's. I would think your family came directly from Ireland to Quebec. I assume you have found the Quebec City marrage but not the 1815 one?

POWER OF NEWFOUNDLAND

Patty Callahan (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Power, Barron, Whelan
My ggg grandfather was Thomas First Power born in 1795 in Waterford and died in 1860 in Newfounland. He married Margaret Whelan and had 11 children. Thomas, Patrick, Michel, Steven, Maurice, John, Ned, William, Teresa, Mary Ann, and Maggie. They all grew up in the Dunville area. Any Connections?

Powers in Nfld

Posted: 18 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Power, Ronayne, O'Driscoll
Close. The Powers I have could be the children if they moved. My eariler records are about 1815 for some of the Power brides. The ones I have were in Tors Cove, some of whom came from Mobile. Waterford is the right area in Ireland that this family come from. I am mainly doing the Ronayne's and O'Driscoll's, but they are very closely tied into the Powers. My wife is related to most of the Powers still living in Tors Cove. Let me know if any of these names tie in.
Posted: 27 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ronayne, Power, Fortune
Thanks for the reply:

Working on the Ronayne's in Newfoundland. I am trying to tie them back to Ireland. I have 3 founding settlers, may be brothers, at least cousins, all born in Tramore Co., Waterford. If you have any way to check I would really like to locate right chuch, area etc. Edward Ronayne born abt 1800 married a Power in 1821. John born abt 1805 married a Power in 1836. Paul born abt 1815 married a Fortune in 1849.

Researching Youghal and Waterford for Ronaynes

Jean Ronayne (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ronayne
Hi, I'm am researching all the Ronayne's in the area of Waterford and Youghal, I am happy to exchange imformation.
Best wishes.
Jean
family.ronayne@lineone.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions