Search for content in message boards

Lars Ledet - song contest Rigby 1911

Lars Ledet - song contest Rigby 1911

Posted: 5 Jan 2014 4:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
My granpa's Brother Lars Ledet lived for 40 years as a farmer in the Rigby area, first near Lorenzo later for along time near Ririe, but also in shorter span of time in Rigby.
I have here in Denmark some of his papers and a pile of letters from him (also some to him). I am now beginning to look through these papers.
In general I thus ask you if anybody has seen any sign of this Danish farmer, who in the thirtees was the Jefferson County peace judge and secretary in one of the canal associations? Then I would like to know about it.
More specific I ask if anybody has heard of a Rigby event in 1911 that he writes about in a letter. He tells my grandparents that he attended a song contest in the nearest town, what probably must have been Rigby, he living near Lorenzo. There were individual singers and there were several choirs - from Jefferson County and places nearby.

Lars Kjærgaard
Århus, Denmark

Re: Lars Ledet - song contest Rigby 1911

Posted: 10 Jan 2014 4:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
I found an article in the Idaho Register newspaper, of Idaho Falls on September 8, 1911 describing a proposed "Sangerfest" sponsored by the Commercial Club of Rigby. The contest was to be held on November 28 of that year, and had categories for individuals as well as choirs.

If you want the whole article, you can write to me at widdis77777 (at) hotmail.com and I will be glad to email it to you.

The only mention of Lars was an article that stated he was helping his neighbors clean rock off the road to "Butler Island" which is the area in which he lived.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic