Search for content in message boards

Resided in Jefferson County in Mid 1800's

Resided in Jefferson County in Mid 1800's

John McKleroy (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MUCKLEROY, BROWN, DEESE, WHITEHORN
Robert Muckleroy married Frances Elizabeth Brown in Jefferson County in 1845. Naomi Deese married David Whitehorn in Jefferson County in 1846.

I am looking for information on their ancestors or descendants and will share information on what I know.

DEES and DEESE Families

Kim Chapman (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CHAPMAN, EATER, CAMPBELL, DEES, McLAUGHLIN
I am a descendant of Jesse Paradise DEES, son of William DEES and Amy DEES. For the past 2 years I have been researching the DEES or DEESE families in Southern Illinois, and the various branches. I do have David WHITEHORN and Naomi DEES in my data. Would like to share data, and will provide the information I have acquired both from research in Southern Ill., and from other DEES descendants. Hope to publish the results of this research shortly, and will include you on the distribution if you are interested in sharing data with the rest of us.

Jesse P. Dees/Sarah Moore of Jefferson Co.,IL

Tracy Wright (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Dees, Moore, Campbell
I am a descendant of Jesse P. Dees. Born 1781 died1849. He married Sarah Moore.She was born 1805(She was 24 years his Junior) She died 1863,both Jesse P. and Sarah are buried in Green Cem.in Jefferson Co. Ill.Sarah Moore's parents are believed to be H.P.Moore and Sarah---, they are buried in the Green Cem. also. Is the Jesse Paradise Dees you are related to the same person? I could be wrong, but this is not the Jesse P. that married a Naomi.This would be exciting, because you see I am a descendant of the Campbell's too. I have been doing research for a while too,and I have discovered there are 4 Jesse Dees in Jefferson Co.Ill. I believe 2 of them are spelled Deese though. Would you be able to help me locate the parents of Jesse P. Also I have More info.(Extensive) on the Campbell, willing to share if you would like. My research shows Jesse P. Dees and Sarah Moore had a daughter, Mary L.Dees,who married David F. Campbell. They had a son named Charles E. Campbell who married Harriet McConnaughey.They had a daughter Myrta Mae, who is my Great grandmother. Any info. you can give would be most appreciated. Perhaps we are related. Thankyou, Tracy E. Wright

Jesse Paradise DEES

Kim Chapman (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: DEES, CAMPBELL, EATER, McLAUGHLIN, CHAPMAN
Mary Ann Louisa DEES and David F CAMPBELL are my g-g grandparents. Will respond to you directly by e-mail.

Re: DEES and DEESE Families

Posted: 14 May 2002 4:36PM GMT
I read your message. I am from North Carolina and my grand-mother's name was Naomi Dees.

Re: DEES and DEESE Families

Kim CHAPMAN (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2002 11:28AM GMT
Sorry, we do not have a match.

My g-g-g-g-grandmother Naomi "Amy" DEES, b. between 1760 and 1762 in North Carolina, was the daughter of Jacob DEES and Ferabee REYNOLDS.

Re: Jesse P. Dees/Sarah Moore of Jefferson Co.,IL

Posted: 19 Apr 2009 10:33AM GMT
Surnames: MOORE, ROBINSON, GADDIS, LAND
I have some DEES but I will have to dig a little to find what I have on them. I am curious if you know anymore about HP MOORE and Sarah ROBINSON?

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 7:21PM GMT
Surnames: MOORE, ROBINSON, GADDIS, DEES
Just to clarify based on what I know, H.P. Moore (Henry) was born March 30, 1824 (See stone Green Cemetery). Sarah was born June 30, 1805 (See stone Green Cemetery). It is impossible for Sarah MOORE/DEES to be a child of Henry. Sarah is the MOTHER of H.P. Moore not a CHILD of Henry and Sarah ROBINSON. Jesse P. DEES is the second husband of Sarah (maiden name unknown) Any info on Sarah would be priceless as she is one of my brick wall ancestors. Please correct me if any of my info is incorrect.. Thanks

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 7:57PM GMT
Just in case this might help.

John L. Wright, b. about 1860
f. William J. Wright
m. Tennesse J. Johnson
married in JCI on March 20, 1884 to
Ella Moore, b. about 1866
f. Henry P. Moore
m. Mary Land

Mary

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 9:50PM GMT
Marriages found in Jefferson Co, IL for Henry Moore:

MOORE, HENRY ROBINSON, SARAH 1844-12-26

MOORE, HENRY P LAND, MARY O 1858-12-15

MOORE, HENRY P GADDIS, MARY 1876-12-12

It appears Sarah Robinson was his first wife and she died 4-12-1858 according to gravestone at Green Cemetey, JCI indicating she was wife of H.P. Moore

Mary O. Land appears to be his 2nd wife and she is also buried at Green cemetery with gravestone indicating she is wife of H.P. Moore

Mary Gaddis appears to be 3rd and final wife and she is not buried at Green with any notation of being wife of H.P. Moore.

Ella could not be the daughter of Mary Gaddis since she was born before Henry married Mary Gaddis. Mary O. Land must surely have been her mother since she died in 5-6-1876.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic