Search for content in message boards

Search Adams Co. OH.

Search Adams Co. OH.

Posted: 5 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Jul 2001 2:20AM GMT
Surnames: Burwell, Coryell, Holmes, Mitchell, Fenton, McGranagan, Easter
All of these names are from Adams Co. OHIO( West Union). They represent my ancestral paternal and maternal granparents. I have info on Burwell and Coryell,but not much on the others any help would be appreciated .

ancesters in Adams Co.

Posted: 8 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 May 2002 12:51AM GMT
Surnames: Holmes
I saw you are looking for info on Holmes' in Adams Co. I also am descended from the Holmes line and have some info on Holmes and Coryell families.

Easters of Adams County

Stephen Emery (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: EASTER
Dear Larry,

My mother-in-law was an Easter. Her family ancestry is of Nicholas Easter of Adams County.

To see more about this family line, please visit our family website at:

http://www.uftree.com/UFT/WebPages/scemer01/EASTER/index.htm

-Stephen Emery
Louisville, KY

Henry Lafayette Easter

Stephen Emery (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Easter, Barr
Dear Joann,

It is a pleasure to find you!

Can you contact me directly? My email address is:

scemer01@athena.louisville.edu

Lets share some research notes!

-Stephen Emery
Louisville, KY
Posted: 9 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2001 2:20AM GMT
Thank you for your response to our Adams County query on the surname Easter. This is JoAnn , Nicholas Easter and Margaret Ayers were my ggg grandparents , John F. Easter and Elenor Davidson were my gg ,Henry L. and Mary J.Barr were my g,

JoAnn

Coryells of Adams Co.,Ohio

Posted: 17 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 May 2002 8:37PM GMT
Surnames: CORYELL, VOSHALL, MCCLANAHAN
Lewis CORYELL b. 8 Dec. 1768 in Lambertville, Hunterdon, NJ
md. Sarah Salathiel VOSHALL in Mason Co., Ky. on 19 Jan. 1796. He died 10 Jan. 1846 in Adams Co., Ohio. She in 1842
in Adams Co. Their children were: Salathiel, Daniel Voshall, James, Elizabeth Ann and Archibald Johnson. All except Salathiel born in Adams Co., Ohio. Does this help?

Re: Search Adams Co. OH.

Posted: 12 May 2002 5:18AM GMT
Edited: 18 Sep 2002 7:06PM GMT
Surnames: Coryell, McClanahan, Meek
According to the "Marriage Records of Adams County, Ohio, 1797-1894, Daniel Voshell Coryell and Nancy McClanahan applied for a marriage license on Oct. 19, 1825. They were married the next day by John Meek. Mr. Meek spelled Voshell "Vashel" on the papers.

Suzette Thompson (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2002 7:08PM GMT
Surnames: Coryell, McClanahan
Hi Beverly,
Daniel Coryell and Nancy Agnes McClanahan are my 3rd great-grandparents. I am from their son, Cary Albert b. 23 Sept. 1843 in Adams co., Ohio. Which McClanahan family are you from?
Suzette

Posted: 1 May 2003 5:57PM GMT
Am researching the lineage of Frederick Ted Coryell, Cary Albert Coryell b.1843 and Daniel V. Coryell b.1801? Know that both Cary Albert and Daniel V. were born in Adams County. Also any of the names of Daniel Coryell's other children besides Cary Albert.

Beverly McClanahan (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2003 8:23PM GMT
Surnames: Coryell, McGranahan, McFerran, Holmes
Hi,
I've looked around just a little and found a James L. Coryell. He was born near West Union on Feb. 22, 1830, the s/o Salathiel Coryell and Nancy Holmes. His father was born in Mason Co., KY and located in Adams Co. in 1801. The Coryell family came from New Jersey. He was married first to Mary McGranahan and they had 3 children, Lydia, Nancy and W.C. Coryell, who was a well-known attorney. James' wife died in 1866, and he married secondly to Mrs. Hannah McFerran, widow of Major John W. McFerran, who died in the Civil War. James was a school teacher, auditor, Justice of the Peace, surveyor, Probate Judge, Adams County's State Representative, in that order.
I'm sorry I don't have the info you're looking for in front of me. If I come across anything, I'll be sure to post it.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions