Search for content in message boards

HALL Family

HALL Family

Posted: 22 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Aug 2001 8:38PM GMT
Surnames: Hall, Newbury
I’m searching for John HALL and Anna NWEBURY of Union(Snyder)County, PA. John Hall Died about 1824. Anna Newbury Died about 1868. Children: Seville, Harriet, John, Elizabeth, Sally, Reuben. I have no other info at this time. It is thought that John came to Union County around 1811. Any information or leads will be helpful.

John Hall

Posted: 23 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Nov 2004 2:41AM GMT
Surnames: Hall, App, Lesher, Boyer, VanBoskirk, Reighard, Leisering, McFall, Houseworth, Fisher
I have a different John Hall who lived and died in Selinsgrove 1856. Married to a Marie _____, their children were Lousia, Caroline, Elizabeth, Isabel, Mary, Ella Jane, Jefferson and Franklin. This John was born in Wales 21 April 1783. Wife Marie ??? died 9 October 1870.
I have long believed there was more than one Hall in the area....but have no more information about my John Hall than this. Family tradition says he was a merchant.

Franklin Newbury

Shorty (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Newbury
My grandfather was Frank Newbury. Does that ring a bell with anyone?

Wm. VanBuskirk

Posted: 7 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hall, VanBuskirk
I don't show a William born to Benjamin and Louisa(Hall)VanBoskirk but that doesn't mean the door is shut. I only have 3 daughter's, so you maybe ahead of me. Spelling is always open. You said you believe Wm. was there son, how do you make this connection? This would help me to help you. It seems to me there were Vanboskirk's and Vanbuskirk's in Selinsgrove. Do you have info on Louisa Hall? Get back to me so we can "VanBust" this thing open. cmartina@ix.netcom.com . Yours in Shoo Fly pie.
CM

VanBoskirk

Posted: 7 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2002 3:10AM GMT
Surnames: VanBoskirk
I believe that my gggrandfather William R. VanBuskirk was the son of Benjamin and Louisa (Hall) VanBoskirk of Selinsgrove. The 1910 census of Snyder County shows that Louisa and Benjamin had 4 children and 2 were living. My gggrandfather was also living in Selinsgrove and he was 59 at the time. I just can't make the connection to his birth. Do you have any information on this couple?

John Hall

Posted: 14 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hall, Beitzeld
From my query of 23 Feb. 2000 I've found Maria's last name- Beitzeld. Does anyone have information regarding this family. Thanks for your help.

Re: Wm. VanBuskirk

Posted: 28 Sep 2001 11:11PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2002 3:10AM GMT
Hi Chalender, After traveling to Union County, Pa. this month I'm pretty sure that my Wm. VanBuskirk is the nephew to your B.F.VanBoskirk of Selinsgrove. I was wondering if you know anything about Richard, B.F.'s brother. He died when my grandfather was only four. I also believe my Wm. was raised by Jacob Hickernell of Hartleton. The 1860 census calls my Wm. R. (Richard). However, he called himself Wm. Any light on this subject would be appreciated. Thanks for your help. Roxie from Texas

Re: Wm. VanBuskirk

Posted: 29 Oct 2003 2:49AM GMT
Surnames: VanBuskirk, Hall, Lesher, App, Emerick, Boyer
Roxie, just found the obit for Louisa Hall VanBuskirk and learned the correct spelling is VanBuskirk. B.F., her husband was a dentist and they lived on High Street where she died 1 March, 1914. She was buried in Union Cemetery. Now with this correct spelling I'll retrace my steps and check into B.F.'s nephew. Remember me when the BlueBonnets bloom!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions