Search for content in message boards

John David Albert

John David Albert

Linda Mortensen (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Albert
I am looking for the parents of John David Albert. He was born in Hagerstown Maryland in 1806. His father died in the War of 1812, and his mother died shortly after. It possibly could be a Jacob and Nancy Albert but have no proof.
Thanks, Linda

Re: John David Albert

Posted: 11 Sep 2002 6:16PM GMT
Edited: 21 Sep 2002 3:38AM GMT
Linda I am a greatgreatgreatgrandson of John Albert. Ihave found a record that leads me to believe the name of Johns father was George Albert And his Mother Was Susana no last name given. If you find addition info please send thanks.

Posted: 20 Sep 2002 5:20PM GMT
Robert,

John David Albert was my great great grandfather. I have lots of information on him and his descendants. Like you, I too believe, (but can’t prove yet), that his parents were George Albert and Susana “Keyser.” An 1806 marriage record for this couple was found in Hagerstown, MD. One of their children’s name was John. This family seems to disappear after 1816.

I also found records of a George “Abbott” who died in 1814 in the War of 1812, Jacob Albert, a Captain in the war, and from MD, died in 1814; and a George Albert, a private, who had enlisted from Hagerstown, MD. But, this George supposedly had a wife named Mary, and he died in 1872.

Researching this family has been difficult. Would like to exchange information if interested. Please e-mail me at irenefay@cwnet.com

Barbara Manzanares (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 2004 4:51AM GMT
Surnames: Albert, Martinez, Manzanares
John David Albert was my husbands g.g.grandfather. His son Emeliton is his g.grandfather, I found in the geneology dept. in the Library that John Davids father was also named John. He was a butcher by profession, and had moved his family to Hagerstown in 1805. He left to serve in the war of 1812 but John David related how his father died during the Battle of New Orleans. John was sent to live with an older sister in Harrisburg PA when his mother passed on. I know he was only 6 when this happened. I am having a problem finding his sisters or mothers name. We come from John David's first wife. Her name was Juliana Pope. Daughter of William Pope who left NM and migrated to California. Anybody out there that can help me with more info, I would appreciate it. John David is buried here in Walsenburg, Colorado in the old Catholic Cemetary. He only had children from his first two wive. His third wife already had children from her first husband.Thanks, Barbara Manzanares

Karen Cordova (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2004 4:40PM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2004 2:02PM GMT
Surnames: Albert, Leon, Bustos, Espinosa
Barbara, I suspect it is a relative of yours, Carlos Manzanares, who recently spoke with my uncle, Donald Cordova who lives in Walsenburg. Carlos left an incomplete phone number with Donald, so I wasn't able to contact him. I do have information that will help you and I believe you have information that will help me.

Please call Donald, tell him who you are, and he'll give you my phone number, or else leave him your number and I'll call you. We are descendents of John David Albert and his second wife, Juliana Leon, who was the daughter of Don Miguel Antonion Leon, one of the founders of Walsenburg. Luciano Albert was one of their children. He married Francsica Bustos and John N. Albert was one of their children. John N. Albert married Genoveva Espinosa who was my grandmother's mother. My grandma is 98 years old. I went to visit her last week.

Karen

Karen Cordova

Karen Cordova (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2004 4:44PM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2004 2:01PM GMT
Surnames: Albert
Hi, Irene. I have misplaced your phone number. Would you call me? After you and I spoke a few months ago, I ordered the list of casualties for the War of 1812, Battle of Orleans. There was only one Albert who came from the area we're interested in. His name was Jacob Albert.

Karen

Posted: 3 May 2004 7:55PM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2004 2:25PM GMT
Surnames: Albert, Leon, Alvarez, Alvares, Albares, Susana
I found a copy of the microfilm containing a baptismal record of 1 (there were more) child of John David Albert and Maria Juliana Leon, as well as an English translation that references that baptism and that of another of their children. Note that I have found that during his life in Taos and Southern Colorado "Albert" was also written as as "Alvarez," "Alvares" or "Albares;" and that he was called "Juan" as well as "John."

The above-referenced baptismal information says that the parents of "Juan Alvares" or "Juan Alvarez" (John David Albert)were "George Alvarez" and "Maria Susana ?"; the other record references his father as "Roque Alvares." I was delighted to find this information in the New Mexico Archives. Personally, I am comfortable now concluding that the his parents were a George and Mary Susana (Susanna?) Albert.

I saw the microfilm and printed it out, but the print out is pretty blurry. If anyone wants to see it, please email me with your name, phone and fax # and I will fax a copy to you. My time in the archives was limited. The next time I go to Santa Fe I will try to print a clearer copy.

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 3:13AM GMT
I am the great, great grand-daughter of John D Albert. My maiden name is Martinez. I have a book about him and my father has the other. He had 24 children??? the number is different from book to book. My grand father told us many stories about him. I know he was in the Taos Massacre, being one of two survivors. If you have anymore information on him I would appreciate it. I have been Looking for the name of his Father and mother.
thank you,
Trish Romero

Posted: 29 Apr 2014 3:02AM GMT
A few years back, I wrote to Karen w\a lot of misinformation. Over the years w\ lots of reading and searching I found she was right. There is a book "Thomas Tobin-Frontiersman". Very interesting. There is one page in there that notes one of the "Albert" baby's' baptism and the grand parents names were George and Susanna Albert. Tom Tobin & John were pretty good friends. If you get a chance, pick up the book and read it. It was pretty interesting.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions