Search for content in message boards

James C. Denton b: TN

James C. Denton b: TN

Posted: 20 Sep 2000 9:54AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2004 3:32AM GMT
I found this James C. Denton living in Comanche County, Texas in 1880 with several children, one being a William. James C. was born in Tenn. in 1837, married to Eliza ??? May be a brother to Thomas S. Denton.
James' son William may be my long lost g-grandfather, W.B. Denton b:1868-9. Does this ring any bells? Thanks for any information.
Posted: 17 Oct 2000 8:11AM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 5:14AM GMT
Susan have you tried www.ancestry.com? You can go from there to find further information I too am related to the Texas Dentons. Mine were from Smith Co. if you go the usgenwebpages you can go to Smith Co. and check out names good luck

Dentons in Texas

Posted: 17 Oct 2000 8:18AM GMT
Hi Charlotte,
Yes, I live on Ancestry.com. I was up til 2:00 a.m. this morning, scouring the Internet. I have lived in Smith County most of my life. If I can help you, I'll be very pleased to do so. Thanks for your response.
Susan
Posted: 17 Oct 2000 8:28AM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 5:14AM GMT
Susan email me cmorris@neto.com lets see what we can do here

denton's in texas

Carol F. (Denton) Wiseman (View posts)
Posted: 29 Oct 2000 4:25PM GMT
I have been told my great grandparents started
the town of Denton,Texas . Have you ever been
there ? We hope to take a trip next August to
Denton , Texas .

Dentons in Texas

Posted: 29 Oct 2000 8:00PM GMT
Hi Carol, Yes I've been to Denton many times. My son went to college at N. Texas State University there. There was evidently a huge family of Dentons that migrated to Texas and Denton is named for one of them. He is buried on the courthouse lawn, I believe. You should be able to find plenty of info locally, as well as on the web. Unfortunately, I have been unable to tie my family back to that bunch as yet. Good luck.

MABEL DENTON

RAY LYNCH (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2000 1:03PM GMT
MY FATHER, HARRY LYNCH WHO IS 92 SAYS HIS MOTHER, MABEL DENTON LYNCH HAD ANCESTORS WHO FOUNDED DENTON.HER FATHER WAS WINFIELD SCOTT DENTON AND HER MOTHER WAS EMILY DONATHAN.THEY WERE MARRIED IN SPRINGTOWN ON 10-14-1900. MABEL DENTON WAS BORN 2-18-1881.

Emily Donathan Denton

Posted: 21 Nov 2000 9:18AM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2001 7:03PM GMT
My great grandmother was Sarah M. Donathan, Emily's sister. Can someone tell me about their mother and dad? I do know their father's initials are J. W., but know nothing else. Please respond.

EMILY DONATHAN DENTON

RAY LYNCH (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 2000 1:11PM GMT
OUR RECORDS SHOW THAT J. W. DONATHAN WAS BORN IN 1828 IN NASHVILLE TENN. HIS FIRST WIFE WAS MARY GRADY. DAUGHTER EMILY DONATHAN DENTON BORN IN 1862 IN TEXAS. OTHER CHILDREN OF JW AND MARY, BETTY TARKINGTON, SALLIE CUNNINGHAM. WE SHOW JW HAD 7 OTHER CHILDREN BY A SECOND WIFE. WE SHOW EMILY DONATHAN MARRIED WINFIELD SCOTT DENTON WHO WAS BORN IN 1850 IN KNOXVILLE TENN. THEY HAD A DAUGHTER, MY GRANDMOTHER MABEL DENTON BORN 2-18 1881 IN SPRINGTOWN TX.
Posted: 23 Nov 2000 8:48AM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2001 7:03PM GMT
Thank you so much for the information. I have two letters in my possession that was written by The Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of Texas to Mrs Beaty (one of the daughters of J. W). It states that J. W. died 10-18-1882, and was last affiliated at the Eureka Lodge No. 371, Veal Station. Sarah (Sallie) was my great grandmother. One of her sons, Don Henderson Cunningham, was my grandfather.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic