Search for content in message boards

Flora McDuffie m. Daniel Martin

Flora McDuffie m. Daniel Martin

Randy Jones (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2004 7:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking for any information on Flora McDuffie (b. abt. 1805) who married Daniel Martin (b. abt. 1794). Both were born in North Carolina. They moved to Mississippi and had a son named Murdock Martin.

Randy Jones
Tupelo, MS

Re: Flora McDuffie m. Daniel Martin

Posted: 9 Apr 2004 5:22PM GMT
Hi.

All your names sound familiar but they aren't connecting right. It's possible that I don't have something right too though.

I have a Murdoch Martin being born to Norman Martin and Anna Morrison. Norman has a brother named Daniel who I have as being born around 1794. Norman's parents were John Martin and Mary Susan Polly McDuffie. Parent's of Polly McDuffie are John McDuffie and Flora McDonald.

I also have John and Flora McDonald McDuffie with a child named Norman who had a child named Flora and a child named Murdock. I have no other info on these two except for their names. Could this be the Flora McDuffie you are asking about? If so, please let me know so that I can fill in the rest of their info. I also think they may have been born in Greene County and could be helpful in figuring out some other info I'm looking for.

This family gets really confusing because all of the same names........

-Lisa-

Posted: 26 Aug 2005 1:06PM GMT
Surnames: McDuffie, Martin, Jackson, Carmichael
Have you come across an Armstrong S.H. Martin born in SC or maybe NC in 1825?
His family has McDuffies, Jackson, Foxworth, Carmichaels, Strickland, Hardee. There were many Scottish families in the area of Dillon and Marion County, SC in the 1700-1800s.
Most of these migrated from NC to SC in the early 1800s or maybe sooner.
Thanks,
Susan

Posted: 27 Aug 2005 3:41AM GMT
Thanks for the reply, Susan, but I haven't run across any of those names. The earliest information that I have is the marriage record of Flora and Daniel. I have many of their descendants, but nothing earlier. Again, thanks for you reply!

Randy Jones
Tupelo, MS

Posted: 23 Apr 2011 4:27PM GMT
I have your information if you will email me at wrinklecream41@yahoo.com. Murdock and family are buried in Martin cemetery in Randolph, Ms near Pontotoc. Flora's name was McDuffie.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic