Posted: 28 Aug 2000 12:11PM GMT
I am looking for information on William Howard B. Taft

William Howard B. Taft

Posted: 29 Aug 2000 5:32AM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 12:39AM GMT

are u related to president Taft ?

Kristine Wild (Taft) (View posts)
Posted: 2 Sep 2000 9:06AM GMT
He is a distant grandfather of mine and i am looking for relatives who were too.

Relationship to WHT

Posted: 2 Sep 2000 9:39AM GMT
Dear Kristine,
The vast majority of people with a Taft ancestor are related to WHT, although most only distantly. You will have to provide some information on your Taft ancestry in order to figure out how you may be related.
Neil

this is all i know.

Posted: 2 Sep 2000 9:57AM GMT
All i know is that my grandmother Charlotte Loise Melon Married A grandson of President Tafts and I had a grandmother who lived in Mass. that passed away 12 yrs ago i'm pretty sure her name was Gladys,Glades Taft. If any way possible i hope this will help. Thank You

Grandmothers named Taft

Posted: 2 Sep 2000 12:22PM GMT
You are saying that one of your grandmothers, Charlotte Louise Melon, m. a Taft and the other, Gladys, d. ca. 1988 in Mass. as a Taft. In other words, both of your grandmothers m. Tafts!?
I find a Gladys Taft who died in Worcester Co., Mass. in 1988 (b. 29 Jul 1892). I can look up her death record next week to see who was her husband.
If you have, or can obtain, further bits and pieces, contact me at NeilBTodd@cs.com
Neil

She is my great grandmother.

Posted: 2 Sep 2000 5:34PM GMT
The Gladys Taft that u found who passed away in 1988 was my great grandmother, Charlotte L. Melon, or Mellon (Taft) married a son of hers. I'm so sorry but that is as far as i can get on my grandmothers sides, But i would like to thank u so much for the help u have given to me

I also have other relative's

Posted: 2 Sep 2000 5:56PM GMT
My uncle's name is Kevin Michael Taft son of Charlotte Loise Taft, and her other children are Sandra Lee Taft, Carolyn Taft, Lisa Ann Taft, and she also had another child she gave up for adoption that i have no idea what sex it was, and i also have a cousin named Scott Taft, I hope this helps in any way of finding out some information about my background. Thank you again for the help you have provided me with.

Taft ancestry and relatives

Posted: 3 Sep 2000 9:43AM GMT
Kristine,
What is your father's name? Was he b. in Massachusetts? When was he born? I gather you do not know the name of your Taft grandfather as you have not mentioned him. I can sort out any of this that took place in Massachusetts next week when I visit the Department of Health in Boston.
Neil

N

Taft ancestry

Posted: 8 Sep 2000 5:01PM GMT
Dear Kristine,
Gladys Maude Mildred (Watts) Taft was the widow of Richard Lewis Taft. They were married in 1916 at Winchendon, Massachusetts. Richard Lewis Taft was b. at Weston, Vt., the son of Charles E. Taft. I think this Charles E. Taft, b. Apr. 1851, was the son of Louis Napoleon Taft (b. 1824). This is a so-called Robert[2] line and not at all closely related to WHT. I have some transcriptions if you are interested. Contact me by e-mail (NeilBTodd@cs.com) if you have further questions. If you want further information on the ancestral line, contact Mr. Richard T. Messinger (rtaftm@capecod.net) who is the Taft Family Association historian.
Neil
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions