Search for content in message boards

William Bridges in early 1700's VA > NC >

William Bridges in early 1700's VA > NC >

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 6:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bridges, Howard,
William Bridges ("the elder") and his wife Susannah lived in Prince William Co VA in the later 1600s and early 1700s. They had eight children (born between 1705-1730), including my direct ancestor -- William Bridges (Jr.) born in 1726 Prince William Co VA. About 1745, he married Catherine in VA, and they had 8 children, including my ancestor MARTHA BRIDGES. The family probably later lived in the Granville Co/Dan River, North Carolina area.

Martha Bridges was married about 1775 to JOHN C. HOWARD (who was born about 1755 as son of Stephen Howard, Jr. and Mary Powell at Deep River, North Carolina). John & Martha Bridges Howard moved from NC to Butler Co KY between 1785-1790, where one of their sons was BRIDGES HOWARD.

All of these Bridges and Howards were closely connected to the early Separatist Baptist religious movement in VA, NC and KY, as well as later in MS, LA, AR, etc. The helped to establish new churches on the frontier and many were ministers. Other associated families included FREEMAN, MURPHY, STEARNS/ STARNES, MULKEY, FRISBY, JONES, FORTNER/ FAULKNER, BARHAM, etc. I would like to share and exchange info.

Re: William Bridges in early 1700's VA > NC >

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 3:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
I would love to see your sources for the first paragraph.

Margie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions