Search for content in message boards

John Craig

John Craig

Dave Craig (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2005 7:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
looking for the parents of John Craig born 1810. he show up on Greene Co., Pa. census.

Re: John Craig

rebecca rhoney (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2005 10:57PM GMT
Surnames: CRAIG
After many years of looking it seem I am tied to the line of which William Craig who moved to Burke(Caldwell County) Co.in the 1700s. He was one of the Craig Brothers Three
who moved from Richmond Va.,to N.C. William was the son of John who was born Westfield,N>J> possibly and John was the son of Andrew and Susanna. Andrew was the imergrant of the branch of Craigs and came to this county in 1684,We know one John came to Bumcomb co. and was shot by Henry West ,he was a sailor Henry was ans had a deformed foot this is what convicted him ,but he had good friend in the Deocratic party and they got the governor to give him a pardon
his wife raised her family a lone,John help establish morris town which became Ashville N.C.,He was a banker with two men who where his security.
The first one in my line to come to cLEVELAND CO., WAS AARON CRAIG WHO MARRIED SALLIE,Sary,Sarah her last name is given the same as his Gage in his will.
Aaron and Sary had these children Nancy,William,Aaron 2, Keziah(kezzie) and Besty,William married Catherine Self ,Elijah Self daughter and Aaron and catherine inherited the farm ,located just west of the Lincoln County line accordiing 1886 tax sheet of Cleveland,this farm was east of hwy 18 near ST Peters Methodist Church,the couple are buried at St. Peters ch. along with other family
their children were John,oldest of william and catherine children,they lived in Lincoln and upper cleveland county,and are buried at Laural Hill Church along with other family members Hwy.10 and 18 John Kelly,William Luther Thomas Wesley,Andrew Deaver,Alice Olivine,Noah Gathier,Dora Katheriine,Elsie Sifine,Major Hartsel and Grovern Fred ,Which is my grand father,whom I loved so very much ,he and grandmother Craig wher alway glad to see the children come home 11 of them,grandchildren and great..plus every one at hulls grove church that gren up in that church knew Mrytle Lail Craig as grand maw Craig she died at age 94 b in June 190 3? .....Grover has grand children who are law officer, Nurses,Wood Carver,maker of some nice instruments,ONe sone help start and Church, Gainesville,Lincolnton ,nc.,a Dairyman and Farmer, ,a cobbler of shoes beautiful saddles,they had a band,grand pa was the announcer,girls sang,dance,GIrls who design and maked some of the prettiest clothiing and crochet,Quilt, made apron ,baker the best Apple pie you ever put in your mouth,West Lincoln Rescue was one of the Craig family has 20 years in so far,Trucker driver with thier own business,Jelly,Candy,Cake,maker, novities of hand bags hat,shaws, christmas stockiing, pottery,and one of Major son Burlon and his son and grand son Dwaye Craig mke beautifull pottery the face jug,burl, farmed and work ed in factory and his wifew Irene worked with her daughter law and well as yours truly in the old Franks Hosiery mill which now 321 hwy, these were and are my family,i am metting new cousin send me a card 741 Hulls grove church ,Vale,nc 28168, I want to know a lot of you before I died Hey if your a craig and Love you,My grandmother Lail her line start in Number 3 chapter 24 verse the son of lael,lail laigle, John Gearge Lail,Burke co,st. Johns church cem. A Craig reunion wwill be held in Sept 25,2005 at Hulls Grove Church 1-til hwy 27 juction 274 Lincoln county nc,come one come all hickory and lincolnton ,cherryville,Shebly all near even Charlotte is couple hours drive....Becky

Dave (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2005 12:19AM GMT
John Craig born 1810 married Ann Coin April 29, 1830 in Commonwealth of Virginia and records of his marriage are in Monongalia Co. Wv. John and Ann lived in Greene Co.and Monongalia Co. Wv

Posted: 16 May 2010 12:42AM GMT
Surnames: Craig
I'm interested in sharing information on the families of John Craig and William Craig.

Please contact me at: tarheelmd@gmail.com Thank you.

Dr. S. Smith

Posted: 21 May 2010 12:27AM GMT
Surnames: Craig Crage
To clarify my earlier post, I'm researching the following family of Granville and Burke Counties in NC:

William Craig Sr. was born ca. 1735-1740. He died before 1790 in Burke County, North Carolina. He married Christian (Maiden Name Unknown) who was born before 1742. She died after 1790 in Burke County, North Carolina.

They had the following children:

Thomas Craig was born in Oct 1762 in Granville County, North Carolina>. He died on 07 Nov 1839 in Montgomery County, Illinois.

Samuel Craig Sr. was born on 16 May 1764 in Granville or Burke County, North Carolina. He died on 14 Mar 1841 in Caldwell County, North Carolina.

James Craig was born about 1765 in Burke County, North Carolina. He married Mary Wiseman Puett on 24 Oct 1815 in Burke County, North Carolina. He died about 1821 in Burke County, North Carolina.

Mary Craig was born about 1768 in Burke County, North Carolina.

William Craig Jr. was born about 1770 in Burke County, North Carolina.

Elijah Craig was born on 10 Aug 1775 in Burke or Lincoln County, North Carolina. He married Susannah Keller on 02 Feb 1800 in Burke County, North Carolina. He died on 18 Apr 1858 in Caldwell County, North Carolina.

Henry Craig was born about 1777 in Burke County, North Carolina. He died about 1800.

Pleasant Craig was born about 1780 in Burke County, North Carolina. He died about 1840.

Please contact me if you would like to collaborate on thism family. Thank you.

S. Smith, MD

Posted: 12 Jun 2010 1:44PM GMT
Do you know if any descendents of these male Craig's have tested their DNA?

Posted: 12 Jun 2010 5:12PM GMT
At least 3 direct male descendants of William Craig, b. ca. 1735-1740 resident of Granville County and Burke County NC, have been tested and are part of the Craig Family DNA project. I don't know if any descendants of John Craig, also from Granville County NC, have been tested. I'd be interested in finding male descendants of John Craig to have Y-chromosome DNA testing performed. I'd also like to find other descendants of William Craig to have them join the Craig Family DNA project. Thanks.

Scott Smith
tarheelmd@gmail.com

Posted: 2 Sep 2010 2:32AM GMT
I am researching my fathers Craig ancestry

Generation 9 is still alive. I will talk to the three brothers all aged 60-70's in North Carolina when I go there in October 2010. I can not release their information without their approval. Generation 10 two sons in North Carolina, one son in California, Generation 11 includes three Grandsons living in North Carolina, California and Washington

1. William Craig Sr DOB ? DOD 1780
2. William "Billy" Craig DOB 3 Aug 1758 DOD 3 Jan 1794 is on the DAR register # A027282 which give some of his proven line
3. James Craig DOB 1750 DOD Apr 1821 married Mary ? DOB ? DOD 1821
4. Elijah Craig DOB 10 Aug 1755 DOD 18 Aug 1858 married Susannah "Susan" Keller DOB 12 Aug 1780 DOD 20 Mar 1861
5. Austin Holland Craig DOB 20 Mar 1819 DOD 3 Aug 1903 married Saphronia/Safrony "Fannie or Fanny" Fincannon DOB 10 Nov 1818 DOD 18 Apr 1865 Fanny is the grand daughter of John P Fincannon on the DAR as A040163
6. Granville Scott Craig DOB 19 Feb 1854 DOD 18 May 1925 married Sarah "Sally" J Dula DOB Nov 1859 DOD ?
7. Henry Haywood Craig DOB 1887 DOD Jun 1963 married Sallie Ann Dula DOD Nov 1885 DOD?
8. Douglas Haywood Craig DOB 28 Jun 1910 DOD May 1978 married Maggie E Sullivan DOB 18 Jan 1909 DOD Dec 1986

Hope this helps if you are still looking. Most of the information is from Family Search and the Census of 1900, 1910, 1920 and 1930 located on Footnotes.

Posted: 23 Sep 2010 1:13PM GMT
Thanks for your reply. I am very interested in this family line, as we share common ancestry through Elijah Craig and Susannah Keller. I have different dates for some of the births and deaths that you cited, and I would be happy to forward more information on the extended Craig families to you. If there are any direct male descendants of your Craig line that would like to have DNA-Y chromosome testing done, I'd like to discuss with you also. You can email me at tarheelmd@gmail.com to discuss further. Thank you.

S. Smith
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions