Search for content in message boards

Robert E. Lee...decendants of

Robert E. Lee...decendants of

Edward C. Malecki (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2000 8:49AM GMT
I was recently told that I was a decendant of Robert E Lee by my biological father, who wasn't absolutely certain of his info. The problem with the search is that I was adopted as an infant and so was my father. If anyone out there knows anything of Robert E. Lee's decendants, please contact me. Ant help would be greatly appreciated.

Robert E. Lee

Sue Brixey (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2000 3:33PM GMT
I have also been told I am a decendant of Robert E. Lee. I have just started my search. My grandfather was Frank Clayton Lee, his father was James Albert Lee, who was married to Elizebeth Bell. Maybe we can help each other.Frank was born in Nebraska June 10, 1895. Thanks, Sue

Robert E. Lee

Ed Malecki (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2000 6:15AM GMT
Thanks for your reply. It's gonna be a tough job doing this research as I have no info to go on at all. Am currently waiting for a call from my father to find out where he got his information. I will be glad to offer any help I can but I'm afraid it'll be very little at this point. If you know where we'd be able to get a tree of Robert E. Lees decendants, it'd be a good start.

Ed

Robert E. Lee descendants

Shahonda Helton (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2000 8:41AM GMT
My grandmothers family are direct descendants of R.E.Lee.I recently attended the Lee reunion.My great aunt is the oldest living Lee that we know of.Send me questions and i'll try to send answers.

Robert E. Lee

Ed Malecki (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2000 1:28PM GMT
Dear Shahonda,

Thank you for your reply to my inquiry. My father tells me that his Great Grandmother on his mother's side was named Dora Cook, who, before she was married was named Lee. One of her relatives had done some research discovered that she was related to Robert E. Lee. When the researcher asked my father's Great Grandfather (Dora's husband) to share in the cost of the research, he refused. As a result, she never got any documentation to support the theory that she was descended from Robert E. Lee.

Anything you could tell me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed

Robert E Lee

Posted: 21 Jul 2000 9:29AM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 8:08AM GMT
I have also been told that we are related to Robert E Lee. Anyway, could you please see if you show my line. They say my GG grandmother was a 5th cousin. Her father was Hiram Lee born born 1827 married Nancy Harrelson. My gggrandmother was Emily Ellen Lee born 1858. Any help would be much appreciated. They were in Marion, SC on the 1870 census.

Lee family

Posted: 21 Jul 2000 11:31PM GMT
Edited: 26 May 2002 6:04AM GMT
my ggrandfather was alfred lee b 5-2-1866 in IL d 2-20-1923 Pittsburg, KS m 8-13-1893 girard, craw., ks to Maggie May Staneart. I think his fathers name was Joseph William Lee from Oklahoma married to Fannie Young
I would appreciate any information
stellayvonnelee@aol.com
Stella Lee

Lighthorse Harry Lee descendents

Anne Meade (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2000 7:46PM GMT
My father had insisted for years that we were related to Lighthorse Harry Lee through one of his sons. My g-grandmother was Mary F. Lee,married John(or James)Covington, had four daughters. My grandmother,Faye Pearl was born in Carrollton, KY in 1894.

Re: I have a question in regards to Robert....

Posted: 24 Jul 2000 11:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Aug 2002 3:32AM GMT
Hello,
I am trying to connect our Lees to Robert E. Lee.

My family line is as followed:
Nancy Rebecca Lee 1877-1893, James Jackson Lee 1850-1899, Zazhariah Lee 1825-1909, Augustine Lee 1790-1848, William Hezekiah Lee, John C. Lee, who was suppose to be William's father but we don't have any info. If any of these names sound familiar or if you have any info on them, please contact me at Trukat3690@aol.com. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.... Mary K.

Jesse G. Lee

Pat Whitlow (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2000 9:17PM GMT
Jesse is reported to be a grandson of Light Horse Harry Lee. We have been unable to find a connection. Jesse G. Lee born around 1805/07. He married Elizabeth Holland and they had a Son William M. Lee born 3/6/1847. William married Eliza Mikeal. Anything you have would be appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions