Search for content in message boards

Store

Store

Larry (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Poston, Gardner
Looking for info on John Dickeys store. I have seen notes refering to this store's account list during the 1700's. I think that it was somewhere in Rowan County. Does anyone know where this store was and some bio on it.

Poston, Gardner in Rowan Co.

P Jennings (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Poston, Gardner
Am also researching Poston & Gardner families in Rowan Co.
Have quite a bit of information but some brick walls.
Would like to correspond with other researchers.

John Poston

Posted: 3 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 1:54PM GMT
Surnames: Wilson, Morrison, Poston, Wood
Did John Poston of Davidson's Creek have a daughter that married a James Wilson? I would appreciate any information.

Re: Poston, Gardner in Rowan Co.

Pat Short (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2001 1:41AM GMT
Surnames: Poston, Hollenback,Mason
I am descended from Charles Poston and Ann Starr from Rowan Co., NC. If you have any info on this line, I would be glad to share mine.

Betty (View posts)
Posted: 7 Dec 2001 1:25AM GMT
I am also researching the Gardner line from Rowan Co.NC. Please E-Mail me on some of the information that you have.
Betty

Posted: 19 Jan 2013 4:24AM GMT
I think I might be descended from Charles and Ann (Starr) Poston. They had a son named John, who married Harriet ?, and had a daughter named Mary. I think Mary married Dr. Ziba Foote in Indiana. I found Ann at age 70 living with John and Harriet Poston in Gill Township, Sullivan Co., Indiana in 1850. If it is the same family, I'd be interested in knowing when they moved to Indiana.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions