Search for content in message boards

Kowaleski / Kowalewski / Cole

Kowaleski / Kowalewski / Cole

Paul Kowaleski (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2005 12:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Oct 2005 12:45PM GMT
Surnames: Kowaleski, Kowalewski, Cole
Im looking for any information on my G-Granfather Josef Kowalewski's siblings or any other family info. He had 7siblings that i have hardly any information on. Josef also when by Kowaleski and Cole. He lived in Gaylord from 1884 to 1947. Thanks, Paul

Re: Kowaleski / Kowalewski / Cole

Posted: 12 Mar 2006 2:46PM GMT
Edited: 15 Mar 2006 4:43PM GMT
Surnames: Kowalewski
Paul
My great uncle was Joseph Kowalewski, born 1891in Rudnya, Belarussia. That is between Vilnus and Minsk. Joseph was buried at Notre Dame Cemetery in Worcester, Ma. May 11, 1919. I just recently received church records that Joseph had died in Chicago, Illinois on April 27th 1919. He had a wife by the name of Anna. My grandfather John buried his brother in Worcester. I reviewed 1920 census for Chicago and came across a Anna Kowalewski and two children Paul and Anne Kowalewski. I don't know if this will help you. Also I have some pictures of Joseph in a World War 1 uniform. Joseph had other siblings: John (my grandfather), Frank, and Anna.

Sincerely,
Ron Rajotte

Paul Kowaleski (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 2006 5:26PM GMT
Edited: 15 Mar 2006 4:43PM GMT
Surnames: Kowalewski
Ron, I believe you are related to a different Kowalewski family. My family was from Poznan and first immigrated to Minnesota before settling in Michigan. thanks for the response. Paul

Kowalewski - Rudnya

Gary (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2006 1:07PM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2006 7:46PM GMT
Surnames: Kowlewski
Hi Ron,

I believe I have a Kowlewski ancestor who may be related to your family. My Kowalewski ancestor was also from Rudnya/Rudnia.

I sent an email to you, but in case you didn't get it, I posted here also.

Gary

Posted: 28 Mar 2012 3:27PM GMT
Edited: 28 Mar 2012 4:36PM GMT
Surnames: Kowaleski, Cole, Grobaski, Grzybowski
Looking for informnation on my G-G-Grandmother, Josephine Kowaleski a.k.a Cole. Immigrated 1884 then Married Andrew Grobaski (Grzybowski) in Otsego County, Michigan December 1884. I'm told relatives are still there. Hope you are one.

Posted: 12 Jan 2013 10:18PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jan 2013 12:51PM GMT
Surnames: Kowaleski
Paul,

I think my G-G-Grandmother may have been part of this Kowaleski family. She seems to have shown up in Gaylord in 1884 and married in December of that year, so I'm having a hard time connecting her on paper. Would like to compare notes with you.

Posted: 23 Feb 2013 7:34PM GMT
Hello,
Josephine(Jozefa)was my great grandfather's sister.
Total of 10 siblings. We are related.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions