Search for content in message boards

St. Clair/Sanilac County genealogy

St. Clair/Sanilac County genealogy

George Alan SLOAT (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SLOAT, SLOOT, FULKERSON, COWAN, MCKEITH, ROPER, MCMULLIN, EARLY, TOMLINSON
Families in thumb area with ancestry from Canada and/or beyond. Surnames include, but not limited to: SLOOT, SLOAT, FULKERSON, COWAN, MCMULLIN, EARLY, MCKEITH, TOMLINSON, GREEN. Some of these are descended from John ALDEN and Priscilla MULLEN of the Mayflower.

Sloat

Shirley Lane (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sloat, McKeith, Davis
I am the daughter of Charles Vernon Sloat the son of Charles F. Sloat, the son of Elam R. Sloat. Charles F. Sloat was married to Mary McKeith. Elam R. Sloat was married to Elizabeth Davis. Mary McKeith was the daughter of John D. McKeith. I don't have any details of my ancesters on my father's side beyond the names above. Any further info will be appreciated

Charles Vernon Sloat

Sandra Lahmann (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: SLOAT
Saint Clare County, MI

Charles Vernon Sloat was a brother of my grandfather Duncan. I have traced 6 total children:

Elam Lorraine 4/25/1891, John D. 6/22/1893, Duncan A. 9/27/1894, Charles Vernon 5/11/1895, Pearl E. 4/1897 and Ora A. 1901 (month unknown). There was also an infant son stillborn on 2/20/1909.

I have just begun researching marriages, deaths, and extended families. I have asked my dad and uncles to assist. If you'd like more info or to compare notes, please contact me.

Cowan Descendent

Posted: 1 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Feb 2003 11:30PM GMT
Surnames: Cowan, Dunn, Rambaum
I am a descendent of Barbara Frances Cowan (b. 12-27-1895 d. 08-09-1966). Barbara's daughter, Catherine Rambaum, is my grandmother. Would love to get more information on the Cowan/Sloat side of the family.
Posted: 3 Sep 2002 12:44PM GMT
I have some information on a John McKeith. He was the son of Daniel McKeith from Scotland. Interested? Email me.....

Re: McKeith

George Sloat (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2002 1:40PM GMT
to Julia Schultz: Thanks for your input on McKeith. I don't have any info on Daniel McKeith and would be most interested in what you have. I have come across a couple of Neil McKeith's in Sanilac County, but have not been able to connect them. They are most likely related. Your email address wasn't on the message, so hope you get this. George Sloat

Re: McKeith

Posted: 3 Sep 2002 8:48PM GMT
Edited: 11 Dec 2005 4:21PM GMT
At 3:40 CST I emailed you some datat that has not been corrected. I will look it over later and make corrections. then I will resend
Julia

Re: St. Clair/Sanilac County genealogy

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 3:48PM GMT
Surnames: McMullin
Hi~could you please tell me what information you have on the McMullin family name. My grandfather was a McMullin and I have been told that his grandfather James William McMullin may have born in Michigan but I don't know what county or even if this is fact. Would love to know what information you. Please email me directly at lissie24@msn.com with McMullin Family in the subject line. Thank you. Melissa Guyett

Re: Sloat family in Saint Clair or Lapeer County Michigan

Posted: 16 Mar 2014 4:45AM GMT
Surnames: Sloot, Sloat, Scrimshaw, Jones
Hi,
My great-great-Great grandparents were a William Scrimshaw (born in Ontario) & his wife - I believe her maiden name Sloot or Sloat, first name was possibly Naomi, Ann or Leona. From the very little I can find so far - I believe they both may have died before or around 1870.

their daughter Emma Josephine Scrimshaw (my great-great grandmother) was born in 1858, in Sanilac County. Her future husband was Daniel Minor Jones (1843-1908). Attached is a copy of Emma Josephine Scrimshaw-Jones' death certificate.... if anyone can decipher her mothers name clearer than I am able to....
It seems that Emma Josephine's sister - Mary Ann (born 1850 in Hastings, Ontario) may have married Elias Churchill.

Also - can anyone tell me what Library or records department in Sanilac County or Lapeer County is best to do Genealogy research at?? Do any of them have microfilm or microfiche of REALLY Old newspapers or documents available??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Mary Seltzer
signkat@yahoo.com
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions