Search for content in message boards

Texas Edgell's from McDowell co. W.Va.??

Texas Edgell's from McDowell co. W.Va.??

Posted: 18 Jul 2010 1:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
My parents were born and raised in Atwell mountain (outside) of Bradshaw West Virginia.
Jiggs Edgell married my mother Lexie Lola Mounts.
They had two children myself Darrell Edgell and Iris Edgell. Are there any of these Edgell's in Texas?

Re: Texas Edgell's from McDowell co. W.Va.??

Posted: 26 Jul 2010 2:04AM GMT
Darrell - My name is Ray Atwell and I am related to your grandmother. I have that she had 10 children - six boys and four girls, but I don't have any "Jiggs" for them. What was your dad's birth name? We've got a lot of cousins out there.

Ray

Posted: 26 Jul 2010 8:30PM GMT
Good evening Ray,
My grand dad was John Lou Edgell and grand ma was Birdie Ella Atwell they, like you said they had 10 kids 2-3 boys died at real early ages. My dads name was Jiggs Algie Earnest Edgell. Lets see there was aunt Betty, Tilda, uncle Gerald,Harry, an aunt died in a car crash I dont remember the name. John and Birdie were teachers. That is the basic info that I have. Bye for now.

Darrell Edgell

Posted: 27 Jul 2010 12:46PM GMT
Hey Darrell,

Thanks for responding. Now I know who your father was. And the aunt who died in the car crash was Lula Virginia (Edgell) Harper. I have her death certificate. Was your dad also married to a Eunice Faye Atwell? You can write to me directly at raybarb.wlaf@gmail.com and I'll send you the whole mess. Ray

Posted: 27 Jul 2010 8:07PM GMT
Yes, Eunice is my step-mom. She had the oldest Dreama,Christine,Then Ezekiel my half brother. I call Eunice and just talk and talk and talk. When I call I pull crazy pranks on her, then she says the next time she sees me she will whip me.
I remember Joe,Ezra he died,Dillard, Richard, I cant remember the names of the rest of Eunice's brothers.
I was there when Eunice's dad died and was buried on the property.
For the life of me I dont remember you.
Write back soon,

Bye for now,
Darrell Edgell

352-502-0086

Posted: 24 Aug 2011 4:41PM GMT
Hi. :) Guess what I found? Nah, you probably already have it. :(

;-)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions