Search for content in message boards

Ramsay, Hamilton, Cochran

Ramsay, Hamilton, Cochran

Posted: 17 Nov 2003 8:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ramsay, Hamilton, Cochran
I am searching for any information on Hannah Cochran Ramsay, b. 14 March 1770, Hunnington Co., Pa. d. 20 July 1861, Portland Mills, Ind., my 4th great grandmother .She was the daughter of James Ramsay ( born 1740, Ulster, Ireland ) and Mary Cochran (born, 1746, Pa.). He husband was James McHaffy Hamilton of Ireland. They married in 1790 in Hunnington Co.Pa. Any info is welcomed.

Re: Ramsay, Hamilton, Cochran

Posted: 18 Nov 2003 10:57PM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2006 12:47AM GMT
Surnames: Ramsay, Cochran, Hamilton
My husband is also descended from James Ramsay/Mary Cochran through Hannah's brother Alexander. I have some information on Hannah and her family. One of her children married one of Alexander's children, so our families tied together again. I would love to trade info with you. Email me and we can exchange family group sheets, etc.

vel (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 2003 11:59PM GMT
Surnames: Ramsay, Smith, Gamble, French
This is very interesting, as my ggr.grandfather was Allen Alexander Ramsay born abt. 1818 Scotland. He married Catherine Smith in Scotland, daughter of William and Jeanette Smith. Allen and Catherine came to the states in abt. 1846. Would you have anything on my Ramsays? I haven't a clue who Allen's parents was. He came from Perthshire, Scotland. Thanks,
vel

Posted: 21 Nov 2003 12:49PM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2006 12:47AM GMT
None of the names sound familiar...sorry.

Posted: 24 Nov 2003 4:06AM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2005 2:43AM GMT
Surnames: Hamilton, Ramsay, Cochran
Vel, Sorry, I haven't run into any of your names yet. I'll let you know if I do.

Posted: 25 Mar 2004 5:14AM GMT
These people are my relatives from Portland Mills Ind. and/or Parke county Ind. Carroll Ramsay from St.Johns Mi.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic