Search for content in message boards

François Soucy - Celeste Fournier

François Soucy - Celeste Fournier

Posted: 22 Jan 2010 2:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Soucy
Hello,

While visiting that forum I have noticed a few questions about François Soucy, Céleste Fournier, their sons, François and Henri, the Soucys at Chesterville, etc. I am a descendant of François Soucy and Céleste Fournier and have some information about that family. Actually, I live in the place where the couple settled about 1820, St.Edouard de Lotbinière; they came from St.Roch des Aulnaies, Quebec, Canada. If any question about that family remain unanswered, I'll be glad to be of assistance.

Re: François Soucy - Celeste Fournier

Posted: 15 May 2010 10:28PM GMT
I have a Francois Soucy m. to Marguerite Fournier, who have a son named Henri. That Henri was married to Adele Laroche.

Is it possible that Marguerite and Celeste arfe one and the same?

Lp

Posted: 16 May 2010 1:52PM GMT
Surnames: Soucy
Yes, Marguerite and Celeste Fournier are the same person, wife of François Soucy. The name Marguerite appears only on the mariage record of Henri Soucy and Adèle Laroche in 1857 but the priest obviously made a mistake. On the christening record of Henri Soucy, his parents are correctly mentionned as François Soucy and Céleste Fournier.
By the way, Henri Soucy left Canada about 1879 and settled with his family in Haverhill, Mass. where Adèle passed away on Feb 15, 1911. Henri was still living there in 1920 in his late 80s.

Posted: 17 Apr 2011 11:26PM GMT
I agree with you

Posted: 14 May 2012 7:35PM GMT
I have not found these names in my search as yet but do have a question for you. Is there a cemetery in St. Edouard Lotbinere? My last piece of information is the census of 1901 that my great grandmother Odelia Dupuis Thibault was listed. I know that here husband Michel and there three daughters were in Maine in 1911. Any info or help would be appreciated.

Posted: 15 May 2012 12:03AM GMT
Janice,

Yes, there is a cemetery at St-Edouard-de-Lotbiniere. It dates back to 1863. Do you think that your great grandmother is buried there? Her name should be in the Drouin Collection data base available on the ancestry.ca website. I live at St-Edouard-de-Lotbiniere and could gladly have a look and see if a tombstone still exists in our cemetery. Not all lots had a tombstone though, many had only wooden crosses that have disappeared with time. Just let me know how I can help you and I'll be glad to assist you in your research.
Regards,
Gaetan Soucy

Posted: 5 Jul 2012 9:52AM GMT
who are the parents of the above couple? Their son Francois married whom? Thanks

Posted: 5 Jul 2012 1:56PM GMT
Linda,

François Soucy: son of Germain Soucy married to Marie Anne St-Pierre on July 11, 1791 at St-Roch-des-Aulnaies, QC.

Céleste Fournier: daughter of Pierre Basile Fournier married to Josephte Fortin on June 18, 1787 at St-Jean-Port-Joli, QC

The son of François and Céleste, François Soucy Jr, married Rosalie Demers (Gabriel and Josephte Lemay) on January 23, 1844 at Lotbinière, QC. The couple lived in Lotbinière many years before moving to the USA in the 1860s. François Soucy Jr died in the Lewiston, Maine area (maybe Turner) in 1889 while Rosalie passed away in Lewiston ten years later, in 1899.

Hope this helps.

Gaetan Soucy

Posted: 29 Jul 2012 2:25AM GMT
I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I am not sure where she died or where she is buried. If you could look in that cemetery in St. Edouard I would very much appreciate it. Nothing in the Drouin Collection that I can find. Where exactly is St Edouard Lotbinere located? Near Quebec? Thanks again for your help.

Posted: 4 Aug 2012 9:50PM GMT
Gaetan, Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. Just soooo busy. I don't know if she (Odelie or odelia dupuis thibault) is buried there or not but I believe her mother Julie Mercier Dupuis is. She (Julie) died on 25 September 1879 and was buried on the 27 September. I have looked all over Ancestry.com and I cannot find my great grandmother (Odelia) I would appreciate any help you can give me. We will be visiting there in the fall. If you would like to email me directly my email is jan.ray.radcliff@comcast.net
Thanks again,
Jan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions