Search for content in message boards

Ability to Sync has been lost.

Ability to Sync has been lost.

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 9:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Sometime last week I did the update to FTM Mac 2. After spending a fair bit of time following hints in my family tree online I went to sync from FTM today.

However the ability to sync appears to have been lost. I had synced successfully numerous times before. I don't believe I have synced since I performed the update. Is it possible that the update somehow unattached things?

Ancestry.com still shows my family tree as synced.

FTM in the Web Dashboard still shows it my family tree as synced - but FTM does not give me the option to sync the family tree. In the Web Dashboard beside the family tree that is linked are the up and down arrows that indicate that it is linked. When I click on this it actually takes me to my family tree.

However, I can no longer sync. Any suggestions?

Re: Ability to Sync has been lost.

Posted: 15 Mar 2013 2:08AM GMT
Your local tree (your .FTMM file) has lost its connection to the Ancestry tree. If you have Time Machine you can try reverting to a pre-upgrade version of your .FTMM file and see if that restores the link. However if all of the changes since the last sync were done on the Ancestry.com side of the tree, the simplest solution is to just unlink the online tree, delete (or hide) your local .FTMM file, and re-download the tree from the Web site.

Unlinking:
http://ftm.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5437/

Re-downloading & linking (make sure you're in the Downloading section of this document):
http://ftm.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5439

Re: Ability to Sync has been lost.

Posted: 2 Jul 2013 3:19PM GMT
I also had not used FTM since September 2012, updated as offered, and have lost people and synchronisation. This is a real mess to sort out, and the whole system online and offline is becoming overcomplex and too difficult to use.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions