Search for content in message boards

Ben F Neal- Missouri ?

Ben F Neal- Missouri ?

Posted: 15 Aug 2012 12:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
My grandmother was Opal Tressie Neal
I found her parents marriage certificate using ancestry.com
April 8, 1908 He is listed as
Ben F Neal and then I found a 1910 census with him living with his wifes family. My Great-Grandmothers was Kathyrn Sweat. Her family is from Lathrop Clinton Missouri. The census lists him as born in Missouri. I have been unable to find additional infomation about him. What else can I do to find clues about his family?My dad has passed and I never met his family.

Re: Ben F Neal- Missouri ?

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 11:15PM GMT
I am from Columbia Mo and my grandmothers maiden name is Neal. In her family the name Neal was changed from Neale . Try various spellings and feel free to look at my tree.
Becky Rees Westling

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 3:19AM GMT
Thank you so much for the reply. I see that you have Cherokee in the tree. My dad told me he was Scotch-Irish and American Indian but we (me & my siblings) have always questioned it because we never met the family and there are only a few photos my mom found and no documentation of american indian. The American Indian was mentioned on his mothers side. Her father was Ben F Neal and her mother was Kathryn Sweat. My dad told my mom the Cherokee was on the Sweat side. Maybe both Sweat and Neal were Cherokee.My grandma was Opal Tressie Neal. He said they could not put American Indian on documents back then because they were farmers and would lose their land. Once again thank you so much for responding.

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 3:35AM GMT
My gr grandfather was chief of Cherokee tribe but he passed when my mom was little. No one really knew anything about Cherokee ancestory until the 1970s when my uncles came across some papers that my grand father had.

Becky

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 3:40AM GMT
In the Westmore County Va Wills I came across this

Name: Daniel Neale
Description: Decedent
Date: 19 Dec 1713
Notes: Neale, Daniel, gent., 19 December 1713; 2 March 1713. One negro to dau. Hannah Neale; sons Presley, Daniel, Christopher, and Rodham one negro each; wife Ursual one negro and she to be exx; dau. Frances Neale one negro; son Presley plantation where I live. Residue of estate to wife and children.
Title: Gentleman
Prove date: 2 Mar 1713
Other Names Associated with this Will: View Records

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions