Search for content in message boards

GEBERIN

Posted: 17 Mar 2002 10:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Apr 2002 2:49PM GMT
Surnames: GEBERIN
My wife and I are researching our family histories but we have hit a major roadblock. We cannot seem to find any info on the GEBERIN surname. About all we know is that Gustav Geberin immigrated to the USA, we don't know when or from what part of Germany, or really anything else. So if someone can help us it would be great.

Re: GEBERIN

Posted: 18 Mar 2002 6:12PM GMT
Edited: 12 Oct 2002 4:06AM GMT
Where did Gustav settle in the U.S.? Have you checked for his naturalization records? There are/were some GEBERINs in Indiana. His Declaration of Intention, aka "first papers" may have the information you need. Check http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/aboutins/history/Max/Decla... for an example of the Declaration.

GEBERIN is not a common surname in Germany. Presently, there are only 6 listings for this name in Das Telefonbuch. Two each in in Norderstedt (Schleswig-Holstein) and Zweibrücken (Rheinland-Pfalz) and 1 each in Clenze (Niedersachsen) and Hamburg.
Posted: 18 Mar 2002 7:04PM GMT
Edited: 4 Apr 2002 2:49PM GMT
We are not sure where Gustav settled but his grandson Ralph is my wifes grandfather. He lived in Indiana with his family. Ralph passed away in 1999 and his kids aren't sure of a whole lot.

Posted: 6 Aug 2013 6:27PM GMT
My father was born in 1958 to an Ursula Geberin. He was adopted shortly after his birth. All we know about her is she was a teenager and got pregnant by a US Army-man. Can anyone help me with my search? Thank you!

Posted: 7 Aug 2013 11:36AM GMT
A previous poster has pointed out how rare this name is and that there were two in Rheinland_Pfalz. This is the only area mentioned which would have been in the American Zone of Occupation ("got pregnant by a US Army man") so it would be logical to think that these Geberins might be connected to your father. However, as the message is so old I would suggest you check dastelefonbuch again and see whether there are still Geberins in what was the American zone and write a couple of polite letters. Worst that can happen is that it costs a bit in postage and you get no answer. Also, what do his adoption papers say?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions