Search for content in message boards

Descendants/Ancestors of Ward David Mckee

Descendants/Ancestors of Ward David Mckee

Posted: 10 May 2012 10:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McKee, Anderson, Duncan
I'm looking for more information on a Ward David McKee, b. 1894 in Delta County, TX, and his wife. His father was a Jeff Davis McKee, b. abt 1861 in Arkasas. His mother was a Manerva J. Duncan.

Ward David McKee married a Roxie or Rosie Lee Anderson in 1918 in Oklahoma of unknown parents. They had three known children, a Ward David McKee, Jr., a James Anderson McKee, and a Joy McKee, who was the grandmother of my step-daughter.

There is Choctaw in the line, don't what else.

Scott

Re: Descendants/Ancestors of Ward David Mckee

Posted: 11 May 2012 2:57PM GMT
Robert, I do not have much more info than you have, in fact, you have much more than I know/knew.
Anyway, my mother Francilla Mckee is the daughter of Ward and Roxie Mckee. Joy was my aunt, the older sister of Francilla. I know little of the family as I was raised by my father, Nelson Carter, but I did meet all of my mother's siblings somewhere along the line, most of them migrated to California by the 1950's. Don't know anything about the Choctaw connection, but young fotos of my mother has her looking much like a native american. Found this thread by accident, on a whim checked out the Mckee surname a few moments ago. Alon Carter, Albuquerque NM

Re: Descendants/Ancestors of Ward David Mckee

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 3:29PM GMT
Surnames: McKee
Hi,

Don't know if you'll get this or not. I wasn't notified when you replied to this post and I just found it now. It looks like you have some information that I don't and I have some that you don't.

If you are interested in swapping info, let me know. You can email me at spearson1496@yahoo.com.

Roxie Anderson, Ward McKee's wife, was born in Indian Territory before Oklahoma became a state. The area that became Choctaw County in 1907 when Oklahoma was formed was part of the Choctaw Nation in 1901 when she was born there.

According to Joy when I communicated with her back in the late 1980s, her father, Ward McKee, was also 1/4 Choctaw. She told me he was also English and Irish.

I have not checked to see if either of them are on the Choctaw rolls, though.

I do not have all of Joy's siblings and would very much enjoy getting more information.

Scott
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions