Search for content in message boards

Arnold's of Hawkins County,TN.

Arnold's of Hawkins County,TN.

Jeanne (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2003 5:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Arnold's
I am looking for my gr.gr.grandparents.They are John and Nancy Arnold. I have no real information on them except they had 7 children and one daughter Eliza Lou Vena married James Marley Davidson,Sept,1898 and they lived in Hawkins County. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Arnold's of Hawkins County,TN.

Randy Reynolds (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2003 1:37PM GMT
Nancy J. Arnold was the second wife of John Arnold. Nancy was the daughter of Edward and Eliza Arnold. Edward was a native of Pitt Co. NC and came to Hawkins Co. ca. 1840. John Arnold was a part of an Arnold family that had migrated to Hawkins Co. thru VA ca. 1800 or before. I have infomation on his family but will need to look that up, My great Grandmother was Mary S. Arnold Reynolds a younger sister of Nancy. I have more information on this family if you would like it. A couple of old photos of two of Nancy's sisters also.

Jim Brown (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2003 2:34PM GMT
John Arnold Jr. came to Hawkins County about 1800 from Prince Edward, County, VA . There, he married Mary Cason 13 Dec 1783. Their known children: Larkin, Stephen, John C., Claibourne and Doctor all born Prince Edward County and George Pendleton Arnold born Hawkins County, TN. I cite the will of John Arnold Sr., Will Book 5, p39; the will of Seth Cason, Will Book 3, pp 147-148; P/A by Stephen and "Cleiburn" Arnold to John C. Arnold, Deed Book 18, p104. These three documents are recorded in Prince Edward County.

Jeanne (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2003 5:00AM GMT
Surnames: Arnold
Hello Randy, sorry for the delay in responding to your message. Yes I would love to have any information you would like to share about the Arnold's and the pictures too. But could you send them to my daughter Valerie Taylor? It is vtet224@aol.com. She said it would be ok. I am having some personal problems and I don't want to miss any information about the Arnold's. Thank you for your time and the information,Jeanne

Jeanne (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2003 5:18AM GMT
Hello Jim, sorry for the delay in responding to your message. Do you know if John Arnold was married twice, and if so was his second wife's name Nancy? Are any of these Arnold's related to the country singer Eddie Arnold? And would you have any information on Mary Cason? Also I am having some personal
Thank you for your time, Jeanne

Jeanne (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2003 5:32AM GMT
Hello Jim, The last message I sent to you I didn't finish,I ment to add could you send the information to my daughter Valerie Taylor. I talked to her about it and she said it would be ok. Her e-mail address is > vtet224@aol.com
I am sorry for the confusion and thank you for your time and understanding, Jeanne

Jeanne (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2003 6:16AM GMT
Hello Randy, I had some information given to me by my Aunt and it reads as follows; John & Nancy Arnold had severn (7) children. Their names are; Eliza Lou Vena - Dock - George - Walker - Sally - Rose - Kate. And Eliza Lou Vena married James Marley Davidson in September in the year of 1898 in the home of Joe Arnold. Does any of this fit in with the information you have? Could some of these names I have be nick names used by the family? I think there is a picture of my great grandmother Arnold, would you be interested in seeing it? Could you please send thid reply to; vtet224@aol.com
Thank you Jeanne

Posted: 29 Aug 2003 12:19PM GMT
Edited: 19 Sep 2003 3:06AM GMT
Surnames: Arnold, Armstrong, Cason
Not sure which John Arnold you are asking about. John Arnold Jr. with wife Mary Cason probably was married only once. John's extended family is very large. Remember that his grandfather was William Arnold. I have no idea if Eddie Arnold connects to this Arnold family.
Mary Cason was named in Seth Cason's will.
Seth Cason had a daughter Amelia marry a Thomas Armstrong. A Thomas Armstrong was a neighbor in McPheeters Bend. This is likely the Thomas Armstrong that married Amelia Cason but this is not a proven fact.

Randy Reynolds (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2003 4:28PM GMT
That's the family alright. I will e-mail your daughter soon and would love to see any pictures available. It's very good to hear back from you.

Jeanne (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2003 4:41PM GMT
Hello, Ok,now I am getting some where. I will get the picture and send it soon. Thank you so much for your help.
Jeanne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions