Search for content in message boards

McKee's of Knox County Ohio

McKee's of Knox County Ohio

Posted: 18 Jul 2012 6:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McKee, Waddell, Lockhart
Hello,

I have been doing research on McKee's of knox county Ohio. They came to Knox county in 1809-1810. I have a copy of the will of Charles McKee born in 1764 Donegal Ireland. His wife was Margaret Lockhart. They had several sons and daughters. From what I have found there was a bit of a battle over the land that Charles left behind. His wife Margaret followed him in death in 1852. My grandfather was Alexander McKee married to Tabitha Waddell he was born in Nov 1794 in PA and Tabitha was born in March 1800 also in PA. I have been trying to find solid truth that Charles is indeed the father of Alex, tho many family tree's have it as such on here. I have not found a birth record and even in the will and that Chancery Court (or Common Pleas) regarding the disputes over land.

I guess I am not a well seasoned genealogist. But I have been at this for 10+ years. I don't feel like I have gotten any closer to finding where for sure my line goes back from Knox county. If anyone has any information they would like to share that would shed a light on this for me I would be forever grateful!

Deb

Re: McKee's of Knox County Ohio

Posted: 20 Aug 2012 10:32PM GMT
Surnames: McKee in Knox Co.
Deb, I am doing research on McKee's of Knox, Coshocton, and related counties (Muskingum and Licking)for a friend who descends from the McKee's of McKeesport, Pennsylvania. Let me know if we can exchange information. My friend has the McKee's you mention in his lines. I just happened to Google McKee and found your post on Ancestry.
Thanks
Andrea

Posted: 16 Sep 2012 10:20PM GMT
I am researching my Mckee's and see that you are doing same and have information for some in Ohio. I am looking for information on Abraham McKee who married Jane Frakes in Ohio around the mid 1800's and they moved at some point to Indiana where my ggrandfather George was born. Any help would be great. Thank you.

Harold E McKee Jr

Posted: 20 Nov 2012 7:44AM GMT
Edited: 20 Nov 2012 7:45AM GMT
Andrea
I have been able to prove that Alex's dad is Charles McKee sr
Of knox county Ohio. I have copies of his will and also
The chancery report. You can reach me at deb_sutherland@yahoo.com

Posted: 20 Nov 2012 7:47AM GMT
Harold my McKee tree is under debs McKee family
You are welcome to go in and see if any of it helps

Deb

Posted: 22 Nov 2012 10:14PM GMT
Surnames: McKee, Pierce, Veasy,-Vesy.
I have been searching forever, too, for parents of Samuel McKee, wife Margaret, who lived in Westmorland Co., Hempfield Twp, Pa. and died there about ae 45 with 6 minor kids. There is definitely an Alexander McKee there in the late half of 1700's.
He is, I think, a cousin of the McKeesport bunch, all used the same first names, and had a David.
We have no Charles, tho. I believe Samuels father was a Robert, bro of David. I think they came from Ireland. Have you ever checked ship lists from there in the 1700's? Sams bro was a neighbor and Robert. Sam's son, Samuel, also stayed in Westmorland all his life. His James and wife, Margaret Pierce, went to Ill. Don't suppose I could be lucky enough that any of this sounds familiar. Thanks, Donna in Kans.

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 8:50PM GMT
I just googled yours too funny ha. I'd love to compare notes. De_sutherland@yahoo.com

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 8:53PM GMT
Donna actually it does have you seen a copy of the book of mckees I just read all about that group in it last night but I can't find a tie to my mckees

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 8:58PM GMT
I think they too are mention in mckees book. My mckees stayed in knox county or at least most of them though my great grandfather and his cousin got land in Kansas/Nebraska areas and headed out there we ended up in Oklahoma. But my great great grandfather and his family I believe remained in knox county. But a few of the cousins did move to Indiana now that you mention it. Go to my tree debs McKee family. Maybe there's a link.

Posted: 26 Nov 2013 6:07PM GMT
Surnames: McKee
My husband's family earliest date found so far 1835 Mt. Vernon, Knox County, Ohio. Name: William McKee (son of Samuel) married Catherine Ann Frizzel, son Henry Thomas born August 10, 1863. Married Anna S. Porter daughter of Orrin & Sophia McKee nee Wallace. Children Golda Olive and Guy Clinton McKee. Guy married Almeda Shrader, children Ida, Olive, Kenneth, Vaugh and Henry. Doesn't sound like any of your McKee's but figured I'd give it a try.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic