Search for content in message boards

Emma Wierschke (1902 - 1979)

Emma Wierschke (1902 - 1979)

Posted: 1 Dec 2002 3:10AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 8 Feb 2003 4:33PM GMT
Surnames: Wierschke, Brandt, Grady, Hartman
MRS. WIERSCHKE, FORMER AREA RESIDENT, DIES

Former resident of the town of Polar, Mrs. Otto Wierschke, 77, died Sunday at her home town hospital in Crystal Falls, Mich.

She was born Jan. 5, 1902 in the town of Polar, the daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Henry Brandt. As Emma Brandt, she married Otto Wierschke on June 22, 1922 and resided in the polar area until 1933. In 1933, she moved to the Peavey Falls area in Michigan, where she lived until her death.

Surviving her are two sons, Allen, Wauwatosa, Wis., and Norman, Crystal Falls; four grandchildren; one brother, Ernest Brandt, Antigo; and two sisters, Mrs. Elsie Grady and Mrs. Dale Hartman, both of Antigo.

Mrs. Wierschke was preceded in death by her husband, who died in 1975, and one daughter.

Funeral services were held Wednesday in Crystal Falls and burial was also in Crystal Falls.

newspaper: THE ANTIGO DAILY JOURNAL - Antigo, Wisconsin; Thursday, 18 January 1979

Re: Emma Wierschke (1902 - 1979)

Heather Buchman Roberts (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 2005 3:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Emma Wierschke was my Great Grandmother on my Father's side.

Posted: 5 May 2007 10:45PM GMT
The only thing that doesn't match up with this obit was that Emma Brandt Wierschke was 95 when she died not 77. Emma was born 11 MAY 1882 Appleton, WI, USA and died 19 NOV 1977.

Posted: 30 Mar 2008 12:56AM GMT
This particular Emma Wierschke that is stated in the obituary is my grandmother she had two sons and one Daughter. Of those children Norman had two sons, Jeff and Brian, Julia had one son, Richard and one daughter Billy Ann. Her other son Alan had no children. So this particular Emma Wierschke is not your great grandmother sorry to say.

Thanks

Jeff

Posted: 1 Apr 2008 8:40PM GMT
Surnames: Wierschke, Brandt, Hogan, Buchman
Apparently there are 2 Emma Wierschkes that both had the same surname of Brandt that both married an Otto Wierschke. But what threw me about this particular obit is that my great grandma also lived near Peavy Falls MI, she also died in Crystal Falls MI. She was buried in Polar I believe. She lived right down the road (on Camp 5 road)from her daughter (my Grandma) Della, and her grandson Terry Buchman (Della's Son. Her other grandson, Chris, had a home on the property right behind Grandma Wiershkes' cabin. I know that Della Wiershke Hogan is also buried in Polar, and so is Della's daughter Rose Marie Hogan.

Posted: 2 Apr 2008 1:01AM GMT

I grew up within 200 yards of Emma and Otto and they lived in the camp 5 region on Wierschke Rd. We do have relation to Terry and Della but Erna Golsberry lived in front of Della's place for as long as I can remember up until her death. Now Della did live on Camp 5 road but grew up on Wierschke rd across the street of Emma and Otto. Your great grandparents house has been long gone but I am now the owner of Otto and Emma's place which is still in the same place on Wierschke Rd.

Your Great grandma Emma (Brandt) married Adolph Wierschke - Adolph was Otto's Uncle and Gustav was Otto's father. Adolph and Gustav were brothers who came to the states in the late 1800's from Germany, not sure of the exact year think it was around 1881, not Poland but from the area of Germany which was Prussia prior to the German annexation. Thus the last name ending in schke not ski

Bill and Della were the children of Emma and Adolph

Gilbert, Glenn and Rose were grandchildren of Emma and Adolph

Della was first married to Buzz Buchman and then she married a Hogan after Buzz's death.

I take it that Terry is your uncle? I knew Terry quite well when I was growing up but have not seen him in years as I have not lived up there for over 20 years. Now Gilbert would be your great uncle and he had two daughters Laura and Bernadine, I think that was Lauras sisters name. I have also been in touch over a year ago with one of the Six girls who I thinks is related to Rose. Some of this history I am not totally sure of but the portion relating to Emma and Adolph is on the mark.

If you would like to know more just ask if I do not have the answer I am fairly certain I can get it for you.

Jeff

Posted: 2 Apr 2008 1:02AM GMT

I grew up within 200 yards of Emma and Otto and they lived in the camp 5 region on Wierschke Rd. We do have relation to Terry and Della but Erna Golsberry lived in front of Della's place for as long as I can remember up until her death. Now Della did live on Camp 5 road but grew up on Wierschke rd across the street of Emma and Otto. Your great grandparents house has been long gone but I am now the owner of Otto and Emma's place which is still in the same place on Wierschke Rd.

Your Great grandma Emma (Brandt) married Adolph Wierschke - Adolph was Otto's Uncle and Gustav was Otto's father. Adolph and Gustav were brothers who came to the states in the late 1800's from Germany, not sure of the exact year think it was around 1881, not Poland but from the area of Germany which was Prussia prior to the German annexation. Thus the last name ending in schke not ski

Bill and Della were the children of Emma and Adolph

Gilbert, Glenn and Rose were grandchildren of Emma and Adolph

Della was first married to Buzz Buchman and then she married a Hogan after Buzz's death.

I take it that Terry is your uncle? I knew Terry quite well when I was growing up but have not seen him in years as I have not lived up there for over 20 years. Now Gilbert would be your great uncle and he had two daughters Laura and Bernadine, I think that was Lauras sisters name. I have also been in touch over a year ago with one of the Six girls who I thinks is related to Rose. Some of this history I am not totally sure of but the portion relating to Emma and Adolph is on the mark.

If you would like to know more just ask if I do not have the answer I am fairly certain I can get it for you.

Jeff

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 6:09PM GMT
Surnames: Wierschke,Brandt,Mikkelsen,Walker,Reynolds,Theissen,Royse
Hello,

Emma Brandt and Adolph Wierschke were my great grand parents. William was my grandfather.
I am still trying to find who the father of Emma was.
Gilbert was my father, Glen my uncle and Virla their young sister. She is the only one still living. Gilbert died 16 July 2008.
Laura and Berdina are my younger half sisters who still live in the UP.
Would love to keep in contact with family.

Posted: 11 Apr 2013 4:48PM GMT
I'm thinking that you might be a relation of Sally Six? I'm guessing from the username. :) I'm also sad to inform you all that my father Thomas William Buchman passed away this October last. October 29th 2012 from a sudden illness and complications with his kidneys from his heart transplant some years back. I am pretty sure that daddy was in contact with a few of the relations over the years, but I'm not sure who all he was in contact with. Dad's obit can be found here http://www.rochellenews-leader.com/v2_news_articles.php?head...

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to try and find the answers for you. I'm in contact with my dads two sisters Shirley(Buchman)Pittman and Susan(Hogan)Stinnett. and his remaining brother Terry(Buckman) Terry was the oldest son, and his name was misspelled on his birth certificate and remained un-fixed. My Aunts and Uncle lost siblings Rosemary Hogan and Christopher Hogan in previous years. I know that there is a digital version of Uncle Chris' obituary, but not Rosies.

Posted: 11 Apr 2013 10:34PM GMT
Hello,
This is Sally :).
I am very sorry to hear of your fathers death, I hadn't seen him since we were all children.
I didn't want to lose contact as I don't have any addresses or emails to write to folks.
I am still hunting for Emma's fathers name and keep hitting a brick wall. Would either Aunt Shirley or Susan know or remember if they were ever told?

My email is wolfsara6@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic