marvin witt (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2000 1:46PM GMT
Looking to find any family near Rochester N Y
by the name of Witt going back 100 yrs. Thank You Marvin Witt

Witt family in Rochester

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2000 10:39PM GMT
Hello,
Perhaps this is useful information. Back in 1974, I dated Doug Witt. He had two siblings, Debbie and Daniel. His Mom name was Donna. His Dad committed suicide in approx. 1973. Everyone moved to Arizona shortly there after. Good luck. Karen

Witt family Rouchester, NY

Posted: 17 Sep 2000 7:02PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2001 10:41PM GMT
My g-grandfather was Gustav Witt who im from Solek Kujawski,Bydgoszcz (formerly Bergbruch Poznan) in 1881. His parents were Karl and Elizabeth Hoffman Witt im 1884 and lived in Anchor, IL. Gustav and his family moved to Rouchester about 1887 and back to IL. Reason for move not known. Other members of this Witt family moved to Iowa and to Texas besides many in IL. They were devout Lutherans. Any connection?

Witt from NY

Kass (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2000 1:29AM GMT
I am related to the Witts who lived in NY near a small town named Arcade. We lived between Rochester and Buffalo. I am a decendant of Anton Witt and Minna Hess Witt from Prussia. My aunt has done a great deal of research regarding the Witt name and I'd be happy to share any info with you.

KassieG74@aol.com

re: NY Witt's

Darlene (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2001 6:58AM GMT
Hi everyone,
I have been searching on and off for the children of my deceased grandfather "Chester Witkowski". He lived in Chicago, Illinois up until the early 1940's...then he shorten his name to "Witt" and moved to New York. He still had many brothers and sisters in the Chicagoland area, but as the years went on, they all died. The reason(s) why I am searching out Chet's other children is.....for family health reasons and because my mother was his oldest child and she feels like a part of her has always been "missing". If this story sounds familiar, please contact me directly and I will give you all the info that I have collected to far.

Thanks in advance,
Darlene

Re: any family from upstate New York by the name of Witt

Posted: 25 May 2002 5:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Sep 2002 10:27PM GMT
Surnames: Witt, Hess
My grandfather was Anton F Witt, who lived with his family in Freedom, New York, a small farming community Cattaraugus County, near Buffalo and Rochester New York. I am most interested in communication at this E-mail. Joyce Ingerson

Witt from Arcade NY

Posted: 4 Aug 2002 9:04PM GMT
Hello Cousin.... I also decend from Minnie Bertha Hess who married Anton Witt. Anton adopted Minnie Hess' two children Archie and Hazel from a previous marriage to Frank Beilfuss, and then Anton Hess had 8 more children with Minnie Hess Beilfuss Witt. Their names are Frances, Hubert, Gilbert, Rosella, Agnes, Clayton, Dennis, and Irene.

Minnie and Anton's child Hazel Beilfuss Witt is my great grandmother. Hazel married Burton Smith and had 5 children, Doug Smith, Anna Smith Olwowsky, Norma smith Lester, Don Smith and my grandma Ada Smith Fuller.

Ada Smith married Gordon Richard Fuller, had nine children. Their oldest daughter is my mother.

Please contact me via email to exchange more info, dates, etc.... By the way, I am still in the Arcade area, where are you? Tracy Weichmann

Posted: 4 Aug 2002 9:15PM GMT
Hi Joyce, I am descended from Anton F. Witt's wife Minnie Bertha Hess Beilfuss. Before marrying Anton, Minnie had two children with Frank Beilfuss in MI, Archie and Hazel. Anton adopted these two children and also had 8 of his own children with Minnie. Hazel Beilfuss Witt is my g-grandmother. Hazel married Burton Smith and had 5 children, Doug Smith, Anna (Smith) Olsowsky, Norma (Smith) Lester, Donald Smith and my grandmother Ada Smith Fuller. Please email me to exchange information, as I need to fill in some gaps on the Witt side.

Tracy

Posted: 4 Aug 2002 11:39PM GMT
Surnames: Witt, Hess, Smith
You may reach me at angelann@tds.net

Posted: 28 Sep 2011 3:45AM GMT
Surnames: Witt
I lived in Freedom,NY - near Arcade - and can tell you that Gilbert Witt was married to Kathleen _______; their children were Gilbert, Jr. (now deceased), John, Alan, Martha (married Gary Bray - now living in Arcade) and Nancy. Gilbert, Sr. had died, but I believe Kathleen is still living - and probably still in Freedom.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions