Search for content in message boards

Simmons-Creek Indian Relations in TX

Simmons-Creek Indian Relations in TX

Posted: 2 Oct 2001 3:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Dec 2001 2:01AM GMT
Surnames: Simmons,Gresham,Parrish,Warren,Proffitt,Ormes,Vaughan,Wade,Roland,Parker,Gotto,Feinstein,Morriss,McRoy,& ect.
I found information on a line of Simmons in TX who were Creek Indian.Is any one researching this line? I have seen postings in the past about Simmons and native indian relations.I was wondering where the line began.
Mike

Re: Simmons-Creek Indian Relations in TX

Lillian Champagne (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 2001 4:35PM GMT
Surnames: SIMMONS, COLLINS,REAVES/REEVES,DAVIS,WALKER,RHODES,MILLER,MILTON,STEWART,CARTER,CLAIBORNE,LACY,JOHNSON,SMITH,HABERLIE,TANNER,MELTON,PAIN
Hi Mike,
My Texas Simmons relations were Indian/English, my 3X great grandfather was J.C. Simmons. His father was Lacy James Simmons, he married an Indian woman, name unknown, who died at J.C.'s birth. This was in Georgia, I am desended through two of J.C.'s daughters, Sarah Luria Ann Simmons and Piercie Susan Simmons. My Simmons were in Montgomery, San Jacinto and surrounding counties. Could this be the connection you are looking for? Lillian

Posted: 30 Oct 2001 7:32PM GMT
Did you want the index or were you just providing information on you're ancestors?

Posted: 16 Nov 2001 2:25AM GMT
Edited: 15 Mar 2002 8:03PM GMT
PLEASE, I AM SEARCHING FOR INFO ON MY GREAT GRANDFATHER THOMAS JEFFERSON SIMMONS. BORN IN N.C. WE THINK HAD A DAUGHTER , OR ADOPTED A DAUGHTER MARTHA JANE SIMMONS BORN APR 19 1852 MENPHIS TENN. MOVED TO TEXAS MARRIED MY GRAND FATHER DANIEL MURPHY 11/22/1869, SHE WAS NATIVE AMERICAN. WE DO NOT KNOW IF HER MOTHER WAS NATIVE AND MARRIED TO THOMAS JEFFERSON SIMMONS OR WHAT. i DO HAVE A PICTURE OF HER AND SHE DOES HAVE NATIVE AMERICAN FEATURES. IT HAS BEEN SAID THAT THOMAS JEFFERSON WAS A JUDGE. HOWEVER WE DON'T KNOW IF IT WAS IN TEXAS OR TENN. I AM NOT FAMILUAR WITH EITHER STATE ENOUGH TO KNOW WHAT THE COUNTIES ARE. I DO KNOW SHE MARRIED IN GAINSVILLE COOKE COUNTY TX. IF ANY ONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS OF WHERE I MIGHT FIND INFORMATION OR IF YOU HAVE ANY CONNECTION PLEASE CONTACT ME.
THANKS EVE

Posted: 16 Nov 2001 4:06AM GMT
Eve,
Please send you're email to me direct.I'll try to get the information for you but it will clutter up this board and also come back and clutter my messages.
I'll be glad to help but the back and forth communication should not fill this message board.

Mike Simmons
Tnwolfman@compaq.net

Posted: 21 Nov 2001 6:17AM GMT
Edited: 14 Feb 2006 5:02PM GMT
Surnames: Simmons
Hi Mike, Please e-mail me and lets compare some notes. My family "Simmons" had land in the Creek nation in AL. in the early 1800's. And then in at sometime some of them moved to TX. Drop me a line and lets compare. I look forward to hearing from you. Carol

Posted: 21 Nov 2001 3:48PM GMT
Surnames: Simmons,Gresham,Orms,Vaughan,Roland,Gotto,Parrish,Warren,Feinstein,
Carol
I'll be glad to give you all the information I have on the Simmons & Creek Relations.At this time most of what I have is form the Dawes Indexes.I have the Commission Report but as yet have not had time to read it.The Creek Tribe was what I believe the largest unpolluted of the surviving Eastern Native American Tribes.They were intermarried with the settleres but were not used in the same ways as the Cherokee.The history from what I've had time to read is that of a very intelegent and resourceful people.They adapted instead of outwardly rebelling and in that manner they survived with more of their heritage intact.By the way I have a drop of Cherokee blood on my gradmothers side of our family.

My address is below.

Mike Simmons
tnwolfman@compaq.net

Posted: 21 Dec 2001 7:42AM GMT
Edited: 8 Oct 2002 12:02AM GMT
Surnames: Simmons ,
Hi my Simmons line i know goes back to S.Carolina 1799 John Warren Simmons.I am not sure if the connection is indian but I have always been told that we were of indian blood.They moved to Georgia and had my gggreatgrandfather Agustus Simmons this was 1844 and some even moved to Texas. I would love to have any info anyone has about Simmons line .Thanks Donice Brown

Kim Jeffries (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2002 9:01AM GMT
Surnames: Simmons/Trawick Creek Indian connection
hi, looking for Simmons/Creek Indian in Alabama. My GGGrandmother was Sarah Jane Trawick, her parents were Robert H. Trawick and Carolina Simmons. Sarah Jane Trawick Eddins was full blood Creek Indian. I have been unable to get past her parents. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!! Thank You

Posted: 10 Mar 2002 4:27PM GMT
Edited: 14 Feb 2006 5:02PM GMT
Surnames: Simmons
I dont have the names you listed. BUT... please e-mail me I think I have seen Carolyn on a different list. I look forward to hear from you. I do think our family comes from the same area. Hopefully we can make a connection. Carol
per page

Find a board about a specific topic