Search for content in message boards

Book of McKee

Book of McKee

Posted: 12 Aug 2012 5:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
My name is Shannon McKee-Carlisle. I am happy to help if anyone needs me to look up information from the Book of McKee. My Grandfather, who I deeply love and miss, was the author, Raymond Walter McKee. I live in British Columbia, Canada and can be reached by email at Shannon.Carlisle@hotmail.com. You may also call me at 604-746-9679. Take care and I look forward to helping out and getting to know my family better.

Re: Book of McKee

Posted: 14 Aug 2012 3:38AM GMT
Shannon

I am a bit partial to that first name as my gg grandfather was Shannon wilson Mckee. I have looked at the book and have a cd copy of the book but I have not been able to trace my McKees in it. My Mckees ended up in Knox county ohio and I have the will of Charles Mckee whom I believe is my 5th great grandfather, who was born in 1764 in Ireland? Not positive of that. But it is what others have put in their records. I did find my 4th grandfather Alexander McKee as the executor of Charles McKee who died in 1848 in Union township in Ohio but I have not made a solid tie which is frustrating to me! :) If Charles is Alex's father then Alex as I know was born in November of 1792 in PA but I don't know what county. I have found reference to Charles having come to Knox County ohio in 1809 and then I have lots of information about Alex and can prove his link to my family but I am stuck with Charles. I don't know when he came to America...but it is said he was irish. So I am assuming some time around 1785 but before 1792 since alex was born that year.
If you can shed any light I would love to hear it! Thanks

Deb

Posted: 14 Aug 2012 7:55PM GMT
I read your message and when I saw you have facts from mid 1700's
and mention of Pa., I wantd to tell you, my search is for Samuels, two, McKees. The father died in 1780, leaving minor children, so I guess he was born 1740-50, but I have no idea where or who is dad was. They were in Westmorland Co., Pa. Hempfield Twp., for a hundred years. McKees are so bad about using the same names, and I'll tell you, Charles is not one I ever run into, but Alexander I see a lot. I'm sure you know about the infamous Alexander who fought with the British, and his father was a trader.
I cannot find the immigrant, tho I think he came from No. Ireland, after Scotland. I've thoroughly searched David's family, the one at the ferry, whose son founded McKeesport, and I feel certain he had no Samuel, (tho some would disagee). I believe David was a brother of my Sam/ls father, but little is known of the bros. who came over together.
If you run into a Samuel
please let me know. Donna McKee.

Posted: 15 Aug 2012 12:40AM GMT
Donna I actually have a son Samuel H McKee who is also a son of the Charles McKee I mentioned. Basically where I am at is this. I know that my 4th great grandfather is Alexander McKee married to Tabitha Waddell. Both Scots names..... Alex was born in PA but I am not quite sure where. I guess what I need to do is research Tabitha's fathers where about because they seemed to moved together from place to place and the waddell's and McKees inter married! Samuel H was born in 1806 in Pennsylvania as well. From a history of Knox county it mentions Charles coming to Knox county from Ireland, but I know that isn't correct if he is indeed my grandfathers father because he was born in PA. I have charle's will and Samuel was his first executor and then it was passed on to Alex as Samuel got tired of dealing with a younger sister that wanted her share of the land and I don't know if she ever got it! LOL
But Samuel washed his hands of it and an alexander mcKee took over I am still trying to figure out if it was MY alex or not! Ah the fun of family history research!
I have a theory that there was a big family of sons from the research I did and then came over in waves. I don't know if Charles was born in Ireland or PA. But I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he was. So I just keep plugging away. But I do know he had a son named Sameul!

Deb

Posted: 15 Aug 2012 4:27PM GMT
Deb,

Where were you able to obtain a CD copy of the book? I've seen that the book is available at many libraries (worldcat.com) but I haven't run across a digital copy yet.

Phil

Posted: 15 Aug 2012 6:38PM GMT
WWW.SGENEALOGY.COM
stevenson's genealogy in SLC Utah go to their site and search for the book of McKee. The CD is $19 or you can buy a copy of the book for $36.25 softbound or $80.25 hard bound!

Posted: 16 Aug 2012 4:13PM GMT

Deb,Thanks for the info.

Phil

Posted: 15 Sep 2012 4:40PM GMT
I am a McKee who is looking for information on my part of the clan. Is it possible to acquire a copy of the CD for the Book of McKee? I have traced my side back to my gggrandfather but no farther. Thank you fo rany help you are able to provide.

Harold McKee
harold@arfftrainingconcepts.com

Posted: 22 Sep 2012 5:39AM GMT
Surnames: Mckee
Do you have any information on James Jackson McKee 1841, born in Ohio? His family anything at all.
Jackson McKee 1814, Ohio was his father I believe..
Any help would be appreciated.
Sheila

Posted: 22 Sep 2012 11:12AM GMT
Sheila, Thank you.

Here are a couple of possibilities that might match.

>James Jackson Mckee was born March 19, 1841 in Claysville, Guernsey,Ohio, and died date unknown. He married Rachel Emaline Em Kelley on October 26, 1865 in North Salem, Linn Co., MO, daughter of William Kelly and Elizabeth Remey.

>Born in Ohio, USA on 1841 to Jackson McKee and Elizabeth Jane Ross. James Jackson married Rachel Em Kelley and had 3 children. He passed away on 1914 in Texas, USA.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic