Search for content in message boards

Brainerd, Minnesota - what is the County?

Brainerd, Minnesota - what is the County?

Posted: 14 Feb 2002 12:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Apr 2005 10:37PM GMT
I am looking for an AuClaire family in Brainerd, Minnesota. The father's name was Henry and I am trying to find the marriage - I don't know the wife's name. I believe that they went to Minnesota in about 1879 and he probably married sometime around 1880 or maybe a couple of years later. I do know that they had a son, Henry, in 1886 in Brainerd. The father, Henry, owned a livery stable there. Does anyone know if marriages, births and deaths were recorded in Minnesota at that time? And, can someone please tell me what County that Brainerd is in? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any help. Sincerely, Nancy Auclair

Re: Brainerd, Minnesota - what is the County?

Clarissa June Nelson (View posts)
Posted: 14 Feb 2002 3:45PM GMT
ok here you go. Remember give someone a fish, they eat for a day. Teach someone to fish, they eat for a lifetime.

this is where you go.
1- http://www.usgenweb.com/
2- The Project's State Pages (left side of the screen)
3- choose "Geographical Map"
4- click on the state you are interested in
5- Minnesota Places Location Finder (left side of the screen)

hopefully this will help anyone out there! clarissa@wiktel.com

another great place is U T LIBRARY ONLINE and then there is a place to get any county outlined showing townships!!

Posted: 14 Feb 2002 4:43PM GMT
Thanks, Clarissa. You are the greatest. I hope that it helps other people, as well - and I love your saying. I'll have to remember that one. Take care. Sincerely, Nancy Auclair

Sally Watts (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2002 7:38PM GMT
Brainerd is in Crow Wing County

Posted: 23 Mar 2002 8:37PM GMT
Thank you for your help. Sincerely, Nancy Auclair

Posted: 13 May 2002 4:53PM GMT
Edited: 12 May 2011 7:02PM GMT
It is Crow Wing County! Iknow because I was born there.

Posted: 13 May 2002 6:17PM GMT
Thanks for your help. Sincerely, Nancy Auclair

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 8:26PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: AuClaire
My grandfather was Henry AuClaire from Brainerd,MN. He married PEARL BECKLEY in 1908,26 th of December. She died in 1948 and he married Clara Butler who had been married previously too, however I don't know her marriage name then, I will try to find that out . Pearl and Henry had 5 children and one still living, her name is June Hill. Harold was their oldest child then Villas, June, and twins Lois and Lola. Lola was my mother she died in 1971 of a brain tumor at the age of 39. Her twin Lois died of the same tumor 38 years later.
Henry and Pearl moved from Brainerd to Kalispell, MT. I. Don't know what year. I would love to hear from you.!! Connie Kenfield

Re: Brainerd, Minnesota - what is the County? Wing County

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 8:28PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: AuClaire
My grandfather was Henry AuClaire from Brainerd,MN. He married PEARL BECKLEY in 1908,26 th of December. She died in 1948 and he married Clara Butler who had been married previously too, however I don't know her marriage name then, I will try to find that out . Pearl and Henry had 5 children and one still living, her name is June Hill. Harold was their oldest child then Villas, June, and twins Lois and Lola. Lola was my mother she died in 1971 of a brain tumor at the age of 39. Her twin Lois died of the same tumor 38 years later.
Henry and Pearl moved from Brainerd to Kalispell, MT. I. Don't kn ow what year. I would love to hear from you.!! Connie Kenfield

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 10:29AM GMT
Take a look here

http://mnplaces.mnhs.org/upham/index.cfm

and place it under your favorites :)

Greetings,
Irma
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions