Search for content in message boards

Mary V Willey

Mary V Willey

Posted: 14 Apr 2013 1:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Aug 2013 10:25PM GMT
Surnames: Willey, McCoy, Vickers
I am looking for any information on my paternal grandmother. I know she was born in 1909 in Valley County Idaho to Simeon and Mary Alma Vickers. She had several brothers and sisters. She married my grandfather Leslie J McCoy in 1931. They had my father Eugene L McCoy in 1933. After she left him at an orphanage in Boise, where he was retrieved by my paternal Great Grandmother Jennie McCoy, she just disapears from any family discussion or history. I would just like to know if she remarried several times, or if she had children after my father. She was quite young, so, I am assuming she found some kind of peace and happiness after her marriage to my grandfather. If anyone thinks they might know any info on her please let me know. Her siblings names (some of them) were Argie, Ray, Pearl, Warner, and Blanche. Thanks so much!

Re: Mary V Willey

Posted: 21 May 2013 7:29AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 26 Aug 2013 10:23PM GMT
Surnames: WILEY, THUEGOOD, HALL
WASHINGTON
BY JUSTICE OF TH EPEACE
Name: Mary A Thurgord
Spouse: Leslie J McCoy
Marriage Date: 15 Oct 1931
BOTH OF YELLOW PINE, IN
Marriage Place: King
Reference Number: kingcoarchmcvol37_48

PROB.

Name: Dell Hall
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1896
Race: White
Birthplace: Missouri
Marital Status: Married
Relation to Head of House: Head
Home in 1940: Seattle, King, Washington
View Map
Street: Howell
House Number: 1206 1/2
Inferred Residence in 1935: Salt Lake City, Utah
Residence in 1935: Salt Lake City, Utah
Resident on farm in 1935: No
Sheet Number: 5A
Number of Household in Order of Visitation: 205
House Owned or Rented: Rented
Value of Home or Monthly Rental if Rented: 9
Attended School or College: No
Highest Grade Completed: College, 3rd year
Duration of Unemployment: 2
Class of Worker: Wage or salary worker in private work
Weeks Worked in 1939: 9
Income: 0
Income Other Sources: Yes
+
Name: Mary Hall
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1909
Race: White
Birthplace: Idaho
Marital Status: Married
Relation to Head of House: Wife
Home in 1940: Seattle, King, Washington
View Map
Street: Howell
House Number: 1206 1/2
Inferred Residence in 1935: Boise, Idaho
Residence in 1935: Boise, Idaho
Resident on farm in 1935: No
Sheet Number: 5A
Attended School or College: No
Highest Grade Completed: High School, 4th year
Weeks Worked in 1939: 0
Income: 0
Income Other Sources: No

Re: Mary V Willey

Posted: 21 May 2013 11:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 May 2013 12:06PM GMT
Okay, could be. She's Mary A instead of Mary V...She's Thurgood instead of Willey...

I see mfinchee deleted her/his previous posts so maybe discovered the info was wrong...

I think we need more records to connect the various dots (in this case, a record of Mary V Willey marrying a Mr. Thurgord).

==================================

1940 US Census
Emmett, Gem, Idaho
Frank Buckland 63 born about 1877 in California
Jennie Buckland 55 born about 1885 in Pennsylvania
Eugene McCoy age 6, grandson born about 1934 in Idaho
Eugene's residence in 1935: rural Valley County, Idaho
Frank and Jennie's residence in 1935: Same House

Find a Grave memorial - does not confirm she is Jennie McCoy
Jennie L. Buckland
Birth Date: 1885
Age at Death: 65
Death Date: 1950
Burial Place: Riverside Cemetery, Emmett, Gem, Idaho

Archie A McCoy (1872 in CA -1933) and Billy Maurice McCoy (1923-1931) are buried same cemetery (Riverside).

okay, just found this online from klbeaty: "My father's family are Gem County natives. I am looking for any McCoys left in the area. My father, Eugene McCoy, was the son of Leslie James McCoy. His grandparents were Archie and Jennie Avery McCoy. Jennie remarried Frank Buckland."

So Jennie is actually Jennie Avery.

Which leads to the following onlinen family tree, which states that Jennie Avery and Archie McCoy married in Wyoming, LINK:
http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/c/r/a/Iris-E-Craw...

That's way off the subject of the current search, I'm just trying to circle in on the right people.

==================================

In the original query klbeaty says Mary Vickers Willey "married my grandfather Leslie J McCoy in 1931. They had my father Eugene L McCoy in 1933...left him...in Boise."

klbeaty - you probably know more that might help us. What year was Leslie J McCoy born? Where was he born? Where was Mary Vickers Willey born? Where did Mary and Leslie marry? Where did Mary live in 1930? Where did Leslie live in 1930? Where was Eugene Willey born?

Some confusing stuff around this, could be why you asked for help sorting it all out. There are two Leslie McCoys born about 1908 in Idaho; they are living in two different places in 1930. There's a Leslie McCoy born in Washington living in Seattle, King, Washington in 1930 but he seems to be Leslie E McCoy in 1940.

I'm working on an old computer this am and it's not letting me look this stuff up (long story) so I'm really glad you're here ELLinSpain. Will try to fix problem but in any case will check back.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions