Search for content in message boards

hamilton

hamilton

lavon thurman (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: hamilton, maines, mains
seeking info. on a george maines/mains, living in bracken county.. son levi maines/mains married to a rachel hamilton. they had a daughter mary ellen who married a william t. hamilton.. they were married in brooksville, bracken county, moved to ohio, after the war.. any info would be appreciated. von.

George Mains

Pat Calchera (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WEATHERINGTON, MAINS, LUCAS, SHANNON
My information is that George Mains was born May 12, 1748 in Allegheny Co., Pittsburgh, PA and Married on January 4, 1771 in Sussex Co., New Jersey. They were definitely in Bracken County by March 6, 1796, because that is when their son Levi was born. George was married to Mary Vane who was born in 1758. George died in Bracken County on November 19, 1833 and Mary died January 4, 1835 in Bracken County. They had a total of 8 children, one was Levi and one was Elizabeth Mains who was married to Mark Weatherington and was my g-g-g-g-grandfather. I hope that this helps you. Verifying information can be found in the William and Mary Quarterly, Volume 17 #3, July 1937.

MAINES

Jon S. Whalen (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MAINES, HAMILTON
Hi,

I am descended from John MAINES, born in Bracken Co., KY, died in Pendleton Co., KY, son of Levi MAINES and Rachel HAMILTON. Levi was son of George MAINES, who was born abt. 1848 in Germany, according to information I received from relatives, but not independently confirmed. Any add'l information would be much appreciated.

Mary Ellen Mains

pat (View posts)
Posted: 9 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WEATHERINGTON, MAINS, SHANNON, LUCAS
Lavon,

I'm sorry I didn't help you, but I will continue to look. I would like to get up to Brooksville at the courthouse during my school break (I work for the Mason Co. school system)and see what I can find out. If I find anything, I will write and let you know. Good luck to you in your research. Pat

mary ellen mains hamilton

Surnames: mains, maines, hamilton
pat, sounds like mary ellen mains was a popular lady.. but the one i am seeking is buried next to william t. hamilton at blue creek, adams county ohio.. fred's sister is her name sake.. i have her married on nov. 21, 1861, in brooksville, ky. she was born mar. 1, 1842. i have william t. hamilton living with levi mains as a farm laborer, and he continued to live with the levi mains family after he married mary ellen. william t. hamilton fought in the civil war on the confederate side. he was taken prisoner and sent to rock island prison camp. he then joined the union army and was sent to ft. leavensworth, ks., he stayed there until after the war was over. they moved to rocky fork, otway, ohio between 1882 and 1884. son ernest was born in brooksville, ky, in 1882 and daughter emma was born in scioto co. rocky fork in 1884. this is getting very confusing each day, right. thanks for the help.. von

Mary Ellen Mains/Perkins

Pat (View posts)
Hi Eva,

I looked through my notes and I didn't see any. I make the same offer that I made to Lavon. The next time I go to the Bracken Co. Courthouse (which should be over Christmas break), I will look for you. I make no promises, but I will email you if I find out anything. Pat

Mary E Mains

Eva Fahrnbach (View posts)
Surnames: Mains, Perkins
How about a Mary Ellen Mains that was married to James Milton Perkins in Bracken Co. 9-19-1894. Would you have any info on that one. Eva

Mary Ellen Mains

Pat Calchera (View posts)
Dear Lavon,

In my notes, from the Bracken County Marriages, I have found a Mary E. Mains and Robert Sellers that married on February 28, 1848 and also Mary E.Mains and Lewis M. McClanahan married March of 1854 and Mary Ellen Mains and James Edwards married on September 1856. If this is the same lady, she was busy enough marrying that eventually I would assume she would marry a Hamilton too!! Just kidding. I do know that the Mains and Hamilton families had several family members that married each other, I just haven't got any information about Mary Ellen Mains and William T. Hamilton marrying either. If I come across it over the holidays, I will contact you. Pat

george maines

Surnames: maines, mains, hamilton
hello pat, thanks for the info.. my husband fred, is the gr-gr-gr-grandson of george mains (maines). i got most of my info from larry maines, huntsville, al.whom i have met, wonderful man. i live in cullman, al. fred's grandfather was george riley hamilton,he was married to terressa birenstihl. george riley's mother was mary ellen mains,who was married to william t. hamilton. (mary ellen was the daughter of levi mains and rachel hamilton, bracken co. ky.)william t. and mary ellen, moved to scioto county ohio in the 1880's, with william t.'s brother isham hamilton and family. william t. and mary ellen's children were, james edward, george riley, ernest, emma, mary alice, and mae. they had a lot of land in scioto, and adams county ohio.. fred's sister, florence is living today, on george riley's share of the estate..they live on rocky fork, otway, ohio. if i can help in any other way please stay in touch. my oldest daughter is trying to get in the dar's and i can't seem to prove that william t. hamilton was married to mary ellen mains.. just can't get to ky. to research.. thanks again, and merry christmas..von

Mary Ellen Mains

Eva (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mains, Perkins
My info on Mary Ellen and James Milton Perkins says the were married 9-19-1894 in Bracken Co. Recorded in Book 2,page 39 and was performed by Justice of the Peace A. Cookendorfer. They had 3 children. James Bradley Perkins, Carley P. Perkins and Harry Perkins. There is a picture of her with the Perkins family Bible. Probably buried at Oakland Cemetary or maybe Johnsville.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic