Search for content in message boards

John GODWIN of Alabama

John GODWIN of Alabama

Posted: 9 Aug 2000 3:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Apr 2006 8:32PM GMT
Surnames: GODWIN
John Godwin b 1842 in Alabama. Parents b in NC and moved to Ala. purchased land abt 1839 in Alabama. Want to know Godwin connection to Montgomery and where exactly his land was. Also want to know if there was a relationship with a Nesbitt.

Product of a Godwin/Cox marriage era 1915

Thomas D. Godwin JR. (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2000 3:56PM GMT
Edited: 20 Apr 2006 4:43AM GMT
Surnames: COX, GODWIN, KELLY, BOXLEY
I am a newby "but not ignorant" searching Geneology. My Grandmother (Cox) born in Miss. married a Godwin (James Merle Godwin) in OK. era 1930's. My grandmother(Geneva Cox) was given up for adoption as an infant. Her birth mother (Cox)died in the 60's in San Fran CA. Their oldest son Thomas D. Godwin is my Father, He married Marna J. Kelly my mother, her mother(Mary B. Kelly), maiden name "Mary Boxley" is Scotts Irish)My mothers Father is Irish, name "William Lewis Kelly". I have more info , and am looking for my Family. Please respond with any information that you have, as it would be much appreciated.

Godwin in Oklahoma

Posted: 16 Aug 2000 5:27PM GMT
Edited: 20 Apr 2006 4:44AM GMT
Surnames: GODWIN, CASON, EVANS, KEENER, RAYNER, KANAI, BROWN
I don't know if this is anything or not. My ggrandmother , Frances Godwin Cason, had a brother, Wilson McClure Godwin . Wilson married Adaline Evans in Ill in 1884, The moved to Ok in 1900. Bartlesville Ok to be exact. Their children were John C. Godwin m: ? , Mary Artie Gocwin M" Charles Keener, Verna Godwin M JAMES Rayner. She later married a man by the name of Lawrence Kania., another child was Bernard "Jimmy" Godwin M: Tempa Mae Unknow They moved to CA. . He died inOk. another child was Harvey Wesley Godwin M' Amy Brown..
Anything familer? Madonna onthewall@primary.net.

GODWIN of Alabama

Posted: 17 Aug 2000 3:52PM GMT
Surnames: GODWIN, NESBITT, HENDERSON
Not sure why you emailed me. Godwin comes into my family from a written account from my grandmother talking about her mother who went by the surname Godwin. We are not 100 persent sure that Godwin is the name. All of these people to my knowledge were in the greater Montgomery, ALa. area. Other names associated with this family are Nesbitt and maybe Henderson. You may want to check message boards in the states of interest.

James Godwin

Posted: 17 May 2001 9:30AM GMT
Surnames: GODWIN
Thomas, I am a Godwin descendant with a wild Godwin history. Ollie was there mother and she died at a young age the children were split up and went God onlly Knows where. There was a Chester who is my GR Grandfather and two sisters that I have found and 3 Brothers 1 of which I have found. James and Thomas I can't find . May be your James is my James. I know they were somewhere in Oklahoma. Contact me a t to1960ny@hotmail.com or P.O.Box333 Hackett,Arkansas72937 or 501-639-2117

Re: John GODWIN of Alabama

chris mcdonald (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 2001 4:32AM GMT
Edited: 20 Apr 2006 4:46AM GMT
may have been my grand do you have any more info

Posted: 27 Sep 2001 12:43PM GMT
Surnames: GODWIN, NESBITT
My ggmother, Annie was the daughter of the cook and the master on a plantation we have been told was a Godwin. Annie married a Nesbitt. The plantation "closed" before the civil war and all were moved to Montgomery. Annie learned how to do fine needle work from her fathers wife. This is all I know...........can you help?

Jamie

Re: James Godwin

Posted: 31 Jan 2002 10:26PM GMT
Edited: 20 Apr 2006 4:45AM GMT
Surnames: Godwin
Your Godwin lines sounds like mine. The parents, John & ? Godwin, died leaving at least 5 children: Nancy Catherine, Julius, Jim, Lizzie and Liza. The came from NC, but most lived in OK (Caddo County area.)
Nancy Catherine was born in 1875. She married Pleas Ambrose Chapman, I think in Texas. They moved to Cleveland County, AR around 1909.

Posted: 9 Oct 2002 1:38AM GMT
I think your the one

Posted: 10 Oct 2002 2:02AM GMT
Who was his father? and dob. I might be able to find something on him. Lillie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions