Search for content in message boards

Joseph Grenier and Elizabeth Theroux

Joseph Grenier and Elizabeth Theroux

Posted: 12 Oct 2005 12:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Nov 2006 1:33PM GMT
Looking for the parents of Joseph Grenier s/o of Joseph and Marie (no maiden name) married Elizabeth Theroux d/o of Maxime Theroux and Marie Anasthasie Girard on November 27, 1882, in Woonsocket, RI. Son, Joseph Maxime Grenier, born December 19, 1883, in Woonsocket, RI. This family later moved to Uxbridge, Worcester, MA.

Re: Joseph Grenier and Elizabeth Theroux

Posted: 20 Oct 2005 11:09PM GMT
Hi, I looked at the 1880 Census in Northbridge, there is a Joseph Granier born in 1858 whose parents are Joseph and Mary and he is found again in the 1900 Census in Uxbridge. This seems to be the same person. I looked at the marriage records of Joseph and Mary's other children in the 1880 Census. The parents are listed as Joseph Grenier and Zoe or in one case Zoe Caron.
The mother Zoe is still living according to the 1900 Cenus. She was living with her son Lewis in Millbury.

I hope this helps you.

David

Posted: 21 Oct 2005 12:28PM GMT
Thanks, David, I found the marriages of Jean Baptiste Grenier to Adelma Blais on January 29, 1883 and Rose Grenier to Jean Boulay on June 26, 1882 in Woonsocket, RI. Parents were listed as Joseph and Zoe (no maiden name). Noticed marriages in Worcester for children of Joseph and Zoe (again no maiden name). Did find the name Zoe Caron somewhere but have not been able to verify connections. Will have to look again more closely. Do you have a connection to the Grenier line?

Posted: 21 Oct 2005 2:14PM GMT
Hi Sandra, I am not related to the Grenier line. I'm just a good samaritian. I found the marriage of Dieudonne Grenier married to Olive Gervais. His parents were Joseph Grenier and Zoe Caron. Married on 10 Oct 1880 St. Mary's Church, Uxbridge, MA.
According to Precious Blood Marriages in Woonsocket, RI. Rose Grenier parents are Joseph Grenier and Rose Caron as well.

David

Posted: 21 Oct 2005 7:28PM GMT
Thanks for your help. I appreciate the info. I will check on your information and see if I can verify the connections.

Roland Grenier (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2005 12:37AM GMT
Bonsoir

Joseph Grenier son of Louis and Marguerite Giard married
a) Marie-Louise Roireau ine Ste-Rosalie, Bagot county Quebec on Feb 10 1851
b) Zoe Caron (Laurent & Marie Labbe) ine Ste-Rosalie on Jan 28th 1856

9 of their children were married in the Worcester area (Aglae, Dieudonne, Rose-Delima, Joseph, Jean-Baptiste, Alfred, Abraham, Lewis and Saul between 1877 and 1889.

The ancestors of Joseph Grenier are:

- Louis Grenier m: Marguerite Giard, St-Hyacinthe 1827-02-06
- Lous Grenier m: Josette Taraud, St-Hyacinthe, 1804-07-09

- Louis Grenier m: Therese Demers, St-Nicolas, 1760-11-24

- Louis Grenier m: Madeleine Hamel, Ste-Croix (Lotbiniere), 1728-11-23

- Joseph Grenier m: Marie Houde, Neuville, 1685-10-17

- Francois Grenier (Francois & Thiennette Boulay) m: Jacqueline Freslon (Rene & Renee Armange) , Quebec, 1663-01-09

Parents of Francois and Jacqueline were from France

Bonne chance

Roland Grenier

Posted: 27 Oct 2005 1:11PM GMT
Thank you, Roland. You have helped me immensely to verify this family. I appreciate all your help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions