Search for content in message boards

Ahoghill / Ballymena families

Posted: 6 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 1:46PM GMT
Surnames: Morrow, McClure, Doole
Greetings from Canada: John Morrow, from the Ahoghill - Ballymena area married a Jane McClure. Dates unknown. Had eleven children as follows: Am interested in contacting any one working on these families.

1. Sarah (SALLY) Morrow, b. @1820 Ballymena - Ahoghill died 1884 near Brampton, Ontario. Md. Thomas McClure, uncle to Joseph McClure who married Sally's sister Mary (#10 below)
2. Child # 2
3. Child # 3
4. David Morrow, b. @ 1827 Ballymena - Ahoghill, died 1858 near Streetsville, Ontario. Married Rosanna Kenny (McKinney?)
5. child # 5
6. child # 6
7. Esther Morrow, b. 1832 Ballymena - Ahoghill, died 1906 Fergus, Ontario. Married Samuel Robinson in 1856 Ontario.
8. Robert Morrow, b. 1834 Co. Antrim, d. 1890 near Orangeville, Ontario. Md. Elizabeth Wilkinson
9. William J. Morrow, born @ 1836 Co. Antrim - no further details
10. Mary Morrow, b. 1838 Ahoghill, d. 1899 Acton, Ontario.
Married Joseph McClure, nephew of Thomas McClure who married Mary's sister Sally (#1, above).
11. Hugh McClure Morrow (youngest of 11 children)d. 1915 in Ontario. Married Nancy Agnes Doole, b. 1846 Drumcullen, Co. Antrim, d. 1914 Toronto.

Posted: 11 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 1:46PM GMT
Surnames: McClure, Doole
Greetings from Canada: Thanks for the response. At this point I do not know of this couple. Any idea of where they married in 1919, or who the parents were? I am interested in knowing more.

By chance from your e-mail address do you live in Australia? Do you have any Canadian research you need done that we could exchange, as I have a lot of missing McClure -Chesney - Hillis - descendants in Australia I need some work done on.

Hope to hear from you about your relationship to the Doole -McClure couple.

Cheers - Brian. gilchrists@idirect.com

McClure and Doole

David Laurie (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
I have a John Hunter DOOLE from Kilrea who married a Mary McClure from Belfast in 1919. Any connection?

Family

David Laurie (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
They met in Belfast but married in Townsville. His parents were William DOOLE and Hannah BOYD. Hers were Henry McClure and Anne Jane MANSON. I can look up some names for you at the library if you like. Let me know. (dlaurie@zip.com.au)

Re: Ahoghill / Ballymena families

Posted: 29 Dec 2002 3:45AM GMT
Edited: 16 Oct 2005 12:57AM GMT
I am also trying to trace the morrow's of Ahoghill/ Ballymena area of Antrim. The earliest morrow I can trace my family to, is Thomas David Morrow. Thomas was born in 1789, and died Feb. 4, 1881. He is buried in Killymurris churchyard. His wife was Esther Wallace, whom he married in 1810. His children were Patrick, Jane, Robert, John, Hestor, Thomas, William. I am descended from his son John, and his wife Mary Mcniece. John's son brought the family to the United States. I'm wondering if Thomas could have been a brother of your John? Love to hear from you, Debbie Helmer

Posted: 19 Jan 2013 2:35AM GMT
Surnames: Morrow
I know it has been a while since you have been on this website, but it is worth a try. My family heritage has also been traced to Thomas David Morrow at the same churchyard. While your branch came to Ontario via Thomas's son John, my branch seems to have come from Thomas David's son Thomas. He went to Wisconsin, and my grandfather Hershey came to Alberta. Perhaps we need to chat. Maybe we could even meet sometime!

Posted: 5 May 2014 2:12PM GMT
Hello

I know this is an old posting .

Re David Morrow who married Roseanna Kenny . I found a headstone in ahoghill cemetery County Ahtrim for a Samuel Kenney and his wife Rose Kenny . Samuel died 1834 aged 52 Rose died in 1844 aged 63 . They could well have been parents of Roseanna .

A Betty Kenny from ahoghill married a Robert Gillespie in or around 1839 . Their first daughter was called Rose Ann and emigrated to Australia in mid 1850's so possible links here
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions