Search for content in message boards

Jean Palmer (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Henderson, Palmer
Query #109
Date: 28 Aug 97

Searching for a Henderson family living in Union Co. or Newberry Co., SC about 1750-1800. Looking for Mary or Ann Henderson who married Jesse Palmer in that area about 1785-1790.

Henderson-Palmer

Jean Palmer (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Henderson, Palmer

I am looking for a Henderson who married Jesse Palmer around 1795. His wife's name was Ann in 1808. I don't know if this was his first wife though because there was a Jesse Palmer whose wife was Mary in 1806. This was probably a different Jesse Palmer who was in the same area though. Since you do not have a Mary, do you have anything on an Ann Henderson who might have married Jesse Palmer about 1795? They may have married before arriving in SC. Jesse was in SC by 1800. The reason we believe his wife may have been a Henderson is that he named their first son Henderson Palmer.

Henderson Palmer Connections

Bob Henderson (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Henderson, Montgomery, Tillery, McCall
There was a Rev Joshua Palmer b ca 1730/45 that was involved in some Baptist work with My Charles Henderson b ca 1764. This was in Laurens, SC next door to your Newberry & Union. The Rev Palmer moved away to IN and Charles Henderson moved to Buncombe, NC then back to Laurens where he d in 1849. I have several Hendersons that were in the Newberry & Uninon areas, but at this point not a mary that fits this DOB. Can you tell me more? I might be able to tie something in with more data.

Bob Henderson
119 Pinewood Dr
Greer, SC 29651-1441
864-877-2424

Henderson Palmer

Bob Henderson (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Henderson
Sorry I can't help you.

Bob Henderson

Re: Henderson Palmer Connections

Mildred T Kent (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2003 7:02PM GMT
There is a book by Leah Townsend, PhD., "South Carolina Baptists" that has information about Joshua Palmer. It may have something about your Hendersons.

Re: Henderson-Palmer

Posted: 13 Mar 2010 3:07AM GMT
Surnames: Palmer
Do you have any information on what became of your Henderson Palmer? I am researching a Henderson Palmer, born abt 1790, place of birth unknown, who moved to Iowa before 1840. He may have lived in Missouri and/or Illinois before that. He kept the first blacksmith shop in Jackson County, Iowa and was killed in 1840. Could we be talking about the same person?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions