I am looking for the mother and father of Adam Johnston here some of the information i have. If you can help if not thank you for your time.
Sherry E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Adam Johnston and Elizabeth Jane Stafford some family info.
ADAM JOHNSTON AND ELIZABETH JANE STAFFORD
Adam Johnston, born 1765-died 1844 (will probated 22 Jan 1844, Giles Co., VA; married 1785, Fermanaugh County, Ulster, Ireland.
Elizabeth Jane Stafford, born 1764, Staffordshire, England-died after 1850, before 1870 census, Giles Co., VA. Daughter of John Stafford and Margaret Brunt
Children of Adam and Jane (Stafford) Johnston:
1. William Milton Johnston, born 1770-died 10 Apr 1842; married Sallie Kirk 5 Mar 1810.
2. John "Brickhouse" Johnston, born 8 Oct 1792, Pennsylvania-died 3 Sept 1870; married (1st) Betsy Stafford 20 June 1812, Giles Co., VA (2) married Margaret Hoppess Dills (widow) 29 Nov 1832, Wythe Co., VA. ("Brickhouse" was tagged onto the name John to identify him from the other John Johnstons as he had the only brick house in the area.)
3. Hugh A. Johnston, born 16 Apr 1796, Pennsylvania-died 13 June 1855, Giles Co., VA-will probated 9 Oct 1855, Giles Co.; married Nancy Johnston 20 Sept 1819 Giles Co., VA.
4. James A. Johnston, born 15 Jan 1797, Pennsylvania-died 16 Aug 1877, Giles Co.; married Margaret Givens 2 Sept 1819, Giles Co.
5. Adam Johnston, Jr., born 24 July 1803, Giles Co., VA-died 18 Sept 1885; married Susannah Williams 1 Dec 1825, Giles Co., VA
6. Edward Johnston, born 6 Nov 1806, Giles Co., VA-died 15 Mar 1890, Giles Co.; married Sarah Miller 10 Nov 1831
NOTES ON ADAM AND JANE JOHNSTON AND THEIR CHILDREN:
(1) Adam: Arrived in America thru port of Pennsylvania. Lived in Pennsylvania a few years. In 1798 he bought property in Virginia from his wife's brother, Edward Stafford. Adam and family left Europe from Amsterdam (unverified source). Adam and Jane, buried on Clyod's Mountain, Giles Co., VA (unverified) Adam took his oath of allegiance 2 April 1811 (Ref.: Order Books Minutes, Giles County Court, Virginia) In 1806 Adam Johnston was on the first jury in 1806 after Giles County was formed.
1790 Census, Cumberland Co., Pennsylvania
Addam Johnston (spelling as in records)
1 free white male inc. head of family (Addam
2 free white males under 16 (son, Wm. Milton and Adam's brother, John-John's daughter, Nancy married Adam's son, Hugh (Reference: "Eaton History in Giles County")
1 free white female (Addam's wife, Jane)
1800 Census-all missing
1820 Virginia Census-Addam listed
1830 Virginia Census-Addam listed
1840 Virginia Census-Addam living with son, Adam Jr. near Trigg, Giles Co., VA
1844, Jan 22-Addam's will probated, Giles County, VA
(2) Jane: Jane's sister, Nancy, married John Johnston, who was possibly brother of Jane's husband Adam. In Giles Co., Virginia census records of 1850 and 1860 Jane was living with son Edward near town, or settlement of Trigg. (The house was located on the corner of Route 730 and the road that leads into Trigg-was torn down between 1995 and 2000 and a modern home built on the site.) Jane's year of birth is based on age given in 1850 Giles Co. Census.
1850 Giles County, Virginia Census
Johnston, Edward 44 Margaret 6
Sarah 37 Elvina 4
Jane 18 Manilius P. 6 mo.
Mariah 16 Jane Johnston 86 Born: Ireland
Adam E. S. 14
Sarah C. 10
(Family of Edward and Sarah (Miller) Johnston. All listed are their children except Jane Johnston, 86, who was Edward's mother,
Elizabeth Jane Stafford Johnston)
(3) William: His married to Sallie Kirk registered in Giles Co., Virginia marriage records, page 23.
(4) John "Brickhouse": He was given middle name of "Brickhouse" to identify him from other John Johnstons in the area. He had the only brick house in the area. Reference: "Bland County History," page 159; Giles Co., Virginia Marriage Records, page 24. John is buried in the Pleasant Hill Cemetery, Bane, Giles County, Virginia.
(5) Hugh A.: He had a daughter who married Washington Gordon 23 Oct 1845. Hugh's will was probated 9 Oct 1855, Giles Co., Virginia
Marriage of Hugh's daughter Catherine: Reference: "Giles County Virginia: History-Families," page 130: "Daughter of Hugh and Nancy Johnston, age 49 and single, married William Mathews December 21 1875 in home of George Johnston; by Phil S. Sutton. William 30, single, born in Chelby County, Alabama, lived in Giles, a farmer, son of William and Mahala Mathews.
(6) James A.: Reference to his marriage to Margaret Givens: Giles County, Virginia Marriage Records, page 28
(7) Adam, Jr.: His wife, Susannah Williams was the daughter of Michael and Margaret Stafford Williams. Margaret's parents were James and Nancy Eaton Stafford who settled at Trigg (The Irish Settlement) about 1790. Reference: "Giles County Virginia: History- Families," Page 277.
(8) Edward A: Reference to their marriage: Wythe County, Virginia Marriage Records, page 226
Edward was referred to as "Squire Neddy". He was clerk of the Giles County Court 1858-1864.