Search for content in message boards

wickering

wickering

pam (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 2000 8:36PM GMT
Seeking information on my great-grandfather Edward Louis(Lewis) Wickering. His mother's name was Theodora Bernardina Nailles Wickering. He was born in Grand Rapids, MI (we think). Married Emma Myers from Harmarville, PA. Had 2 children Dorothea Grace and Harry Louis. Have seen last name listed as Van Wickering also.

Edward Wickering

Raymond J. Wickering (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2000 2:00PM GMT
I was wrong on my last message to you. Edward Wickering was my Grandfather. He was married to Nellie Kaster. They came to the United States in the early 1900's. They had three boys and an girl. The sons were Fredrick(Ray)Wickering,Peter,Jake, and the daugher I do not know her name. When Jake was two years old or so Nellie died of consumption and all the kids were put into a orphanage the daughter was adopted into a family of well being and would eventually become a concert pianist. The brothers disowned her after the went to see her and they were snubbed because of the way they were dressed and the fact they were poor and never were adopted from the orphanage. The boys spent their summers working on their Uncle John's farm and after the crops were in they were sent back to the orphanage. Edward Wickering died about two years after Nellie died from drinking and a broken heart. Peter and Fredrick both stayed in Grand Rapids and Lancing MI. Jake went into the Army and settled in Port Angeles Wa. His cousin Elanor Wickering also lived in Port Angeles. She married my mom's brother. So she was both my cousin and aunt. The only Wickering's that I have had any contact with is my Aunt Shirley and cousin Terry in Michigan. If you would like to trade any information. Please contact me at my address at 20003 S. Malloy Prairie Rd. Cheney Wa. 99004.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions