Search for content in message boards

Morgan County Alabama McKees

Morgan County Alabama McKees

Posted: 25 Feb 2013 6:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McKee Atchley Calvert
John T. McKee and wife Mary Pauline Atchley McKee are in Morgan County Alabama in 1850, as is Carroll McKee. Carroll McKee is next door to Joseph Calvert who married Margaret McKee in 1848. Carroll is supposed to be a son of John and Mary, and they are often recorded as having a daughter Margaret born about 1840, which is too young to be Joseph Calvert's wife Margaret, but Margaret doesn't show up on the 1850 census or the 1860 census with her parents. Where did the names of John and Mary's children come from? If they definitely have a daughter Margaret but of unknown birth year, then I'm certain it's the Margaret that married Joseph Calvert.

Re: Morgan County Alabama McKees

Posted: 25 Oct 2013 10:38PM GMT
I more information I've found is in the book "The Heritage of Morgan County," vol 52 pg 526 when I was visiting in Alabama. It says that Joseph Calvert who lived in Lawrence County married Margaret Peggy McKee, born abt 1826. The book shows that Carroll is the 5th child (out of 12) of John and Mary McKee.

I've been searching for information on Kizzie McKee, born abt 1770, daughter of James and Sarah McKee. Kizzie is my GGG Grandmother. From what I can determine Kizzie is one of 6 children of James and Sarah McKee, who were the parents of John McKee who married Mary Pauline Atchley. Let me know if you need additional information or if you have any information about my GGG Grandmother, Kizzie. Thank you.

Re: Morgan County Alabama McKees

Posted: 27 Oct 2013 4:29PM GMT
I will keep an eye out for Kizzie. Thank you so much for the information on the Morgan County book.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions