Search for content in message boards

Ship..City of Baltimore

Ship..City of Baltimore

Posted: 30 Apr 2012 7:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hiya :)

First of all I have had from help from ya on here and would again like THANK EVERYONE for their help. :)

So ok...my g grandfather Michael Brennan was on the City of Baltimore. here's the info and it list his wife Catherine 2 lines above him too!!

Port of Deporture: Liverpool, England
Destination: United States of America
Port of Arrival: New York
Port Arrival Country: United States
Ship Name: City of Baltimore

Source Citation: Year: 1869; Arrival: New York, United
States; Mircofilm Serial: M237; Mircofil Roll: M237_307;
Line: 35; List Number: 212

It says that my g grandfather was a miner
Michael was born in 1835
Naturalized in 1882 in Rockford, Il

Also there was this listed too
Church Marriage Brennan Michael 1868 Co. Galway
Civil Marriage Brennan Michael 1868 Co. Galway

Civil Marriage Flaherty Catherine 1868 Co. Galway
Church Marriage Flaherty Catherine 1868 Co. Galway

That was a first that we were able to find Catherine.

So what I trying figure out is how can I find my g grandfather on Ellis Island...would love to get a copy of that. I have tried and can't find him..yet i have this info? Or any info on him

Again like I said THANK YOU ALL for the help!!

Pat

Re: Ship..City of Baltimore

Posted: 1 May 2012 1:50AM GMT
Edited: 1 May 2012 1:53AM GMT
Pat. Ellis island did not become a port of entry until the 1890s. The reason you can not find them is that they are listed as Mi or Ml and she is listed as Cath. They arrived on 15 Mar 1869 on the City of Baltimore in NYC. If you cannot find, give me your email address and I will forward it too you. Don

Posted: 1 May 2012 2:52AM GMT

Hi Don :)

THANK YOU so much for your help! I really appreciate your
help! I never though of it was cause of that...as I was trying to put it in the same as it was listed where found!

Thank you again..and my email address is
mompac@cox.net
how did you find them?
Pat

Posted: 1 May 2012 2:04PM GMT
Pat. Sent a copy of the page they are on and a copy of the first page which has info about the voyage. It will not come from me but from ancestry.com and say that Donald D has found an interesting document. I found them by searching by last name only. Glad I could be of assistance. Don

Posted: 1 May 2012 4:07PM GMT

Morning Don :)

THANK YOU so much for you help...oh wow...I was wondering that there must be a first page...but didn't find it. But thanks to you I have the complete list which like you said tells of the voyage!! I started this about a year ago..but am still all so new to trying to figure out things! I am a older women and don't know alot about computors..so am trying to learn both! lol But thanks to the many nice people here on Ancestry who have been so kind as to help me
I am slowing learning about my ancesters!! Never saw my or even new anything about my fathers side of the family as parents divorce when we were young! And on here I found and have pics of my grandfathers and his wife. And now finding the passerger's list....I just can't THANK YOU and the other nice PEOPLE on here enough for taking the time to help others!! So again THANK YOU so much!!

So now on to try and find marriage for Michael and Catherine. I found a
CHurch Marriage Brennan Michael 1868 Co. Galway
Civil MArraige for Brennan Michael 1868 Co. Galway

Civil Marriage Flaherty Catherine 1868 Co. Galway
Church Marriage Flaherty Catherine 1868 Co Galway

This is going to be another tough one as to the different spellings to Catherine's and is Brennan.

But THNAK YOU So much!!

Pat

Posted: 2 May 2012 1:49AM GMT
Edited: 2 May 2012 1:53AM GMT
Pat. You are so welcome. I echo your thoughts about the kind people here on ancestry. I also am an older person and when I got my first computer about 12 years ago, I knew nothing about them or how to research my ancestors but by trial and error and much help from others, I was able to trace my family back to about 1750. In fact most of the info came from others. My helping you and others is my way of paying those people back and I spend a couple of hours almost every day perusing these boards and trying to help. Now to your next problem, I would suggest you go to the message boards and click on Localities, next click on United Kingdom and Ireland, next click on Ireland, scroll down to Galway and click on it and theen click on general and then post your message requesting help. Hopefully some kind Irish person will help you. Good luck. Don

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 7:30PM GMT
Hi I was wondering if you could help me. I am also searching for information about the ship passenger list for the City of Baltimore. I found my 3rd great grandmother and 2 of her children listed on a page saying they Deported from Liverpool England and arrived in NY on June 7, 1869. but I can not find them on any other pages. The names are Matilda, Eliza, Caroline Langdon. would love any help on this. Thank You.

Melissa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions