Search for content in message boards

1910 Louisiana

1910 Louisiana

Cornelia Fenenga Warner (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2003 6:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Desselle
I don't know the area, but they tended to be in Avoyelles parish, at least early on.
the man is Marion Abel Desselle, b. Oct 1902
I appreciate any help.

Re: 1910 Louisiana

Posted: 23 Apr 2003 7:40PM GMT
Hi. Was just casually looking around and ran around your message re: Marion Abel Desselle....but I don't know what your question was about him. He was my step-grandfather and he died in San Diego in 1987. He had two children: Marilyn and Robert....that I know of. Hope that helps!

Posted: 23 Apr 2003 9:56PM GMT
Surnames: Desselle, Abel, Cutter, Herbert
hi, Dana!
I'm really glad you contacted me!
she is Maureen, not Marilyn, and Robert is correct. do you remember Alida and Brian, Maureen's children? I live next door to Alida, I am the fiancee of a first cousin of Maureen's. we needed to move, asked around and they said "come up here!" so here we are. I am Cornelia Fenenga Warner, and my fiance is Edwin Kellyn Moore, best known as Kelly. he and Maureen grew up together for a while.
Maureen asked me to research her father's side, since I was already well into her mother's side (Kelly's side, as well), and I tried, but there isn't much on the Desselle's online. I found a neat history on their beginnings in France, Canada and Louisiana, but that's about it. I did find Marion in the California Death Index, and that gave me his mother's maiden name. I had posted on this list hoping for a census look-up so I could get some information for Maureen, but haven't had one-Louisiana is a quieter area than most in the census look-up line.
do you remember any of Marion's ancestry? even his parents and some siblings names elude us. when I mentioned Cutter, Maureen remembered Cutter, Leroy and Lillian Desselle, but wasn't sure of their relationships-cousins of hers of some sort was the best she could do. also an Alida Desselle came up in an earlier discussion, and she remembered the name Herbert and thought it may have been used as a given name and also a surname. and she believed Marion's middle name, Abel, was a surname from some part of the family. she couldn't remember anything else beyond that. anything ring a bell?
well, that's it in a nutshell. I'll let Maureen (who lives down at the end of our street) know that you contacted me. if you want to contact either of them, let me know and I'll pass it along.
regards,
Cornelia

Dana Desselle (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2003 11:25PM GMT
Maureen, of course...I did know that. I am Robert Desselle's step-daughter. Please send my best to Alida and Maureen. I've often wondered what became of them...

Regards-

Dana Desselle

Posted: 24 Apr 2003 1:10AM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2003 5:51PM GMT
thank you, Dana,
we are all up in Oregon, trying to stay in the country but loosing the battle as the city bounderies close in. Alida is married and has two children, and Maureen and she are close and watch after each other. I'm quite fond of the whole family.
Kelly woke up from a nap abt an hour ago and told me who you were, so I can be pretty certain that you don't have an answer for my questions. I'm still glad you contacted me!
Robert was here a short while ago, to visit us and get his taxes done. I enjoyed their visit and owe them an email... health has sidetracked me but I'm recovering.
I'll contact Maureen and Alida either tonight or later this week. we get out together for groceries and I fill them in on the weeks news...
regards,
Cornelia Warner

Posted: 24 Apr 2003 1:32AM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2003 5:51PM GMT
Did find this in the Louisiana Death Index 1900 - 1949. Pulled it because of the "Abel".

Name: Allie Abel Desselle
Parish: E. Baton Rouge
Sex: M
Race: White or Mexican
Death Date: 14 Apr 1941
Volume: 11
Certificate: 4999

Best-
Dana Desselle

Posted: 6 Jun 2005 7:01AM GMT
Edited: 20 Apr 2006 7:49PM GMT
Allie Abel Desselles was married to Marie E. Cutter on Sept. 18, 1899, in New Orleans. Allie was born 1869 in Bordelonville, La. He died Apr. 14, 1941, in East Baton Rouge Parish. Marie was born in 1884 somewhere in La. She died Jul. 17, 1908, in New Orleans.
Their children were:
1. Leroy Cutter Desselles, b.Mar. 19, 1900
2. Marion Abel Desselles, b. Oct. 18, 1902
3. Lillian Desselles, b. 1905
4. Clifton Desselles, b. Dec. 5, 1907
5. Allitar Desselles, b. 1914
6. Allie E. Desselles, b. 1917

I would appreciate hearing from anybody connected to this line. Email me if you wish. Dale O'Bear dale@adams.net

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 1:37AM GMT
Surnames: Desselles/Duclos/Charbonneau/Marcotte
Allie Abel Desselles was the son of Gervais Duclos. Gervais was of French descent. I am not sure of the mother of Allie Abel. I have been told two different names. One was Elizabeth Charbonneau and the other was Celeste Elizabeth Marcotte. I do know Elizabeth Charbonneau was French and Celeste was most likely of French descent also.

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 1:47AM GMT
Surnames: Duclos/Waltman/Desselles
Lambert Duclos migrated from Montreal, Quebec, Canada and went to Louisiana. Lambert married Elizabeth Waltman. As near as I can determine, it was the children pf Lambert and Elizabeth that took the surname Desselles.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic