Search for content in message boards

Noah Barefoot, Johnston Co., NC mid to late 1700s

Noah Barefoot, Johnston Co., NC mid to late 1700s

William Barefoot (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2000 11:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Nov 2005 10:44AM GMT
I recently seen your message on the message board from Feb/2000. I myself am a Barefoot and have an Uncle named Thomas Franklin Barefoot whose grandfather was named Thomas F. Barefoot,and great grandfather was also named. However, from my research they came from Johnston Co. in North Carolina. My research came from the local library here in Fayetteville, NC. It also lead me to a Noah Barefoot who resided in Johnston Co. back in the mid to late 1700's. If this research helps you or if the names sound familiar please fill free to E-mail me at gwildman61@aol.com

Thank you
Sincerely,
gwildman61

Re: Noah Barefoot, Johnston Co., NC mid to late 1700s

Gail Odom (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2000 12:52PM GMT
Edited: 11 Nov 2005 10:45AM GMT
I am very interested in the information you have on Noah who may be my 5th Great Grandfather. He had a son named William. I was told that Noah came from Norway and was born in 1600's is this close to the information that you have

William Barefoot Sr. (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2000 11:40AM GMT
Edited: 11 Nov 2005 10:45AM GMT
Dear Mrs. Odom,
I got your E-mail and I have a little information on Noah Barefoot that may be helpful to you. The Noah Barefoot I found during my search was from Johnston County here in North Carolina. He was married to a Susan Barefoot. He was born in 1767 and she was born in 1770. One of his sons was a Miles Barefoot born 1791 and died 1861. Miles married a Medea Barefoot pronounced (Medy)she was born 1797 and died in 1875. They had 13 children, I know of two. One was Jesse Green Barefoot born October 1,1837. The other son was a Thomas Barefoot born 1816. Jesse's wife was a Nicey Barefoot.She was the daughter of John Barefoot and Elizabeth Smith Barefoot.She was born on June 8,1839 she died on Aug.02,1915. Jesse and Nicey had seven children. Jesse's brother Thomas Barefoot was married to a Gilly A. Barefoot born in 1814. This was my Great Great Grandparents. They had a son Thomas Franklin Barefoot which was my Great Grandfather. He was married to Jennette Godwin Barefoot. They had several children of which one was my Grandfather. His name was William Marion Barefoot. He married my Grandmother, Ella Mae Lee Barefoot. They had 9 children of which one was my father. His name is Seavy Marion Barefoot. He married my mother Virginia Grice Barefoot. To them 7 children were born,I'm the youngest of their children. I hope this was helpful to you. I didn't discover anything about his being from Norway. Feel free to E-mail me anytime. Thank you
William BarefootSr.

Matt Deen (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 2000 12:24PM GMT
Edited: 11 Nov 2005 10:58AM GMT
I found to Noah Barefoots one is the son of Jepthah Barefoot Sr. and the other is his grandson who was the child of his oldest son Jepthah Jr. They trace their lineage back to Wales and Norway.

Posted: 19 Feb 2009 11:36PM GMT
HI, I JUST READ YOUR BULLETIN. I'M YVONNE, YOUR COUSIN, WILMA IS MY MOTHER, SEAVY WAS MY UNCLE SO YOU MUST KNOW KNOW HO I AM! GRANDPA'S NAME WILLIE MARION NOT WILLIAM. PLEASE CONTACT ME AT SUN757@AOL.COM

Posted: 2 Jun 2012 3:03PM GMT
That was a typo way back when. Noah never came from Norway. It is from the word Noah...that someone messed up and it came out Norway.

Posted: 24 Apr 2013 4:03PM GMT
Surnames: barefoot
The Barefoot name did come from Norway to Scotland. You can check it out on the internet. There are many sites that will tell you about Magnus Barefoot/Barfoot/Barfod - King of Norway.

Posted: 8 Apr 2014 5:32PM GMT
Surnames: Barefoot, Barbour, Smith
Good afternoon,
I saw your email on ancestry.com.

My mother was adopted, and was the birth child of Lila Bell Barbour (1910-1972) and James Smith. Her name was Roberta J. Barbour on her birth certificate, but it was changed to Patricia Jane Kirk by her adoptive family.

Lila Bell is the daughter of Thomas F. Barefoot (1858-1939). Have you ever heard of this adoption, or know of any more information about Lila Bell or James Smith? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Kathleen Tailer
ktailer@msn.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions