Search for content in message boards

BRONSON Family From New York/Connecticut to Illinois

BRONSON Family From New York/Connecticut to Illinois

Posted: 30 Nov 2003 5:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BRONSON MYERS
Looking for information on BRONSON family from New York/Connecticut who migrated to Effingham County, Illinois in the early to mid 1800s.

Great great grandfather Lewis C BRONSON born in New York about 1811, died in Illinois in 1880.

Married to Elizabeth MYERS and their children were:

Aaron L BRONSON (b 1862, d 1/12/1944)
Serepta Elvania BRONSON (b 5/4/1864, d 11/14/1953)
Rosella Euphratia BRONSON (b 5/4/1864, d 1882)
Lewis Claudius BRONSON (b 3/1868, d 11/7/1934)

Re: BRONSON Family From New York/Connecticut to Illinois

Posted: 29 Feb 2004 3:53PM GMT
Surnames: Bronson Fulwiler
You're not the only one with this migration problem. Various cousins and I are working on a no-doubt-related group of Bronsons who moved from Connecticut to Illinois at about the same time as yours, notably one William Martin Bronson (1814-1883, born in New Preston, CT, m. Eliza Fulwiler) who was one of the founders of Streator, IL, about 80 miles north of Effingham. We have been unable to learn anything of his ancestry either; at one time we thought he might be descended from Benoni Bronson (b. 1 March 1786), whose ancestry is well worked out, but recent communications make this less likely.

There is abundant family lore, from multiple descendants of William Bronson, suggesting that he had some American Indian ancestry. (This might have something to do with the difficulty of tracing his ancestors.) Do stories of your Lewis Bronson also make such a suggestion? If so, it would be interesting to explore the possibility that they were brothers (the dates certainly correspond) and to compare notes -- not that we really have that much that is likely to help you, I fear.

Posted: 7 Mar 2004 1:47AM GMT
Surnames: bronson
Bill,

Here's my online database:
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=kcgoodma...

There's lots of similarity in our family migrations even though I don't know of any Native American heritage in this branch of my family. One of these days we may make a connection!

Kathy

Cathy Woodruff Kimber (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 2004 3:19PM GMT
I am a descendant of Leman Bronson born 15 Jan 1792, who is the brother of Benoni Bronson born 1 March 1786. We have ancestors who were in New York, Connecticut, and Illinois. We also have Native American ancestory folklore in our family line. I have cousins who have bead work that was done by our Native American ancestor, Keturah, a female ancestor in the Bronson line.

Bill Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2004 2:46AM GMT
Surnames: Bronson
Thanks; that was very interesting. Do you know who your Illinois Bronsons were? And where in the family tree does your ancestor Keturah show up? It is by no means certain that William Bronson was the son of Benoni, and I'd wondered whether he might have been a son of Leman instead. I'd be very interested to hear what you have on him (feel free to e-mail rather than post here if you wish).

Posted: 12 Jan 2008 5:03AM GMT
I am doing my children's family history for them we are related to Leman Bronson born 15 Jan 1792 in Connecticut we have his death date as 1854 in Taylor Michigan Clinton
Donreal Bronson is one of his sons he was orn 17 Dec 1824 in Mentor, Lake coounty, Ohio he died 14 Dec 1906 in Soda Springs, Caribou County, Idaho he was married to Lovisa Andrews she was born 19 Mar 1830 in Newbury, Chautauqua county, New York and died 17 July 1912 in Ogden, Weber County, Utah she was the daughter of
Amos Betts Andrews born 4 Mar 1800 New York died 12 Mar 1865 Huntsville, Weber County, Utah He married
Katurah Eliza Button born 10 Dec 1810 Ostico, New York She died 15 Dec 1887 Willaard, Utah She was the daughter of Zebulon Button born 1782 Ostico, New Yoork, died 17 may 1836 New york He was married to Olive Cheney she was born 20 Dec 1786 Maine and died 25 Feb 1686 New York. I have more information on all of these people and will share with anyone who is looking my e-mail is mom_peterson@comcast.net if you have any information to share please e-mail me thanks

Posted: 27 May 2012 5:48PM GMT
Surnames: Bronson family about Keturah Button from
Cathy,
I am a decendant of Leman also. My grandfather was George Marsh Bronson.
You said you have cousins who have bead work that was done by Keturah. That is so amazing. I just read a blog by Lolli Joy recounting a detailed story about Keturah.
I am fascinated by her and would love to learn anything I can.
Has anyone ever taken photo's of the bead work to share with family like myself.
She is such a mysterious legend in this family it would be so awesome if her bead work could be shared through pictures.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic