Search for content in message boards

Cave Family in Virginia and Indiana

Cave Family in Virginia and Indiana

Posted: 19 Apr 2001 5:07PM GMT
Edited: 4 Feb 2002 2:43AM GMT
I am looking for information on Thomas Cave born 1773 in Virginia. His wife (or one of them) was Elizabeth Medford. Thomas died in Indiana in 1852. He had 2 daughters: Rosanna born January 23, 1811 and Hollie. Any information would be appreciated.

Re: Cave Family in Virginia and Indiana

Posted: 14 Jan 2003 4:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cave
I think I am a descendent of Thomas Cave-Indiana. My grandfather was Alfred Leland Cave 1903? married to Rosalie Etta (South) on 12-25-23. There is a lot of a Tom Cave's family in Streator, IL where an annual family reunion is still held the first Sat of August. My mother traced our Cave family back to "The Widow Cave" sometime in the 1600's, I think. I might be able to find names and numbers for others who know more than I. Let me know if you want more info.
Sincerely, Pam

Jim Cave (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2003 6:14PM GMT
I have a copy of paper written in 1834 by Thomas J. Cave of French Lick, Indiana. He says Thomas Cave b. 1773 who settled in Dubois County, Indiana was his grandfather. The 6 page typewritten paper entitled "HISTORY OF THE CAVE FAMILY", says 1773 Thomas lived in South Carolina and was in the War of 1812 before moving first to KY and then to IN. The paper goes on to give considerable info on Thomas's descendants.

Are you familiar with this paper and/or the author?

Jim Cave (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2003 6:16PM GMT
CORRECTION: First date in my previous message should be 1934 not 1834.

Jim Cave (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2003 6:30PM GMT
I have corresponded with some of the Streator, IL Cave descendants. Their ancestor "Tom Cave" was Thomas, son of William and Geriah Cave of VA and Green Co, KY. Is this your line?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions