Search for content in message boards

Archibald Ison and Mary Gilliam

Archibald Ison and Mary Gilliam

Brenda Ison (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2004 6:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ison, Gilliam
Hi, Does anyone know who the parents were of Mary Gilliam that married Archibald Ison? They lived in Elliott Co., Ky. Archibald was born 1780 and died 1855. Is there any documentation on Mary's parents? Archibald's parents can be documented with his death record which gives his father as Charles Ison and mother as Elizabeth. Does anyone have any proof of who Elizabeth's parents were? What was her maiden name? I see it as Jones, but is there any documentation?

Re: Archibald Ison and Mary Gilliam

Posted: 18 Oct 2004 9:27PM GMT
Edited: 19 Oct 2004 12:56PM GMT
Surnames: Ison

Posted: 18 Oct 2004 9:33PM GMT
Edited: 19 Oct 2004 12:57PM GMT

Brenda Ison (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2004 12:00AM GMT
That's a web page. That doesn't prove anything. Check out those references and see if you can find anything. I never could.

Brenda Ison (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2004 3:06AM GMT
Edited: 19 Oct 2004 12:57PM GMT
I meant I could never find anything on Sir, Lord Gideon Ison. I mean no disrespect to anyone. I have just not been able to find one thing to prove there was a Sir, Lord Gideon Ison. I have spent years searching. The story may be true, but I think his name must have been something other than Sir Gideon Ison. I hope someone will find the answer. I am now working to prove my line of Isons as far back as I can with good documentation. Archibald Ison born 1780, died 1855. I am looking for documentation on Archibald Ison's mother. I know she was named Elizabeth from his death record. Looking for documentation for her last name. Also does anyone have documentation for Mary Gilliam's parents?

Posted: 19 Oct 2004 1:13PM GMT
Surnames: Ison, Gilliam, Gullett
Hi Brenda,
There is much info on the Ison Family of Elliott Co. KY on Kat's Gilliam-Gullett site:
http://home.earthlink.net/~katlore/ElliottCoCemeteries.htm
Also there is much Ison Family Info in the Elliott Co. Archives; have you checked the archives for Elliott Co.?
Also which child of Arch and Mary are you a descendant of?
No one has been able to document Mary Gilliam's ancestry; as far I know.
Best,
Ramona

Brenda Ison (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2004 1:43PM GMT
Edited: 19 Oct 2004 1:46PM GMT
Surnames: Ison, Gilliam, Hamilton
Hi Ramona, Sorry, I got mixed up on the messages I was replying to! I am a descendant of Isaac Ison that married Anna "Amelia" Hamilton. He was my gr.gr.grandfather. Then from him Doctor "Dock" Ison married to Tereza Hamilton. My Ison family lived at Moon, in Morgan Co., Ky. My dad grew up there, and I still have family there. It is just a short distance from Isonsville in Elliott Co. I have often seen Archibald Ison and Mary Gilliam listed with two sons with the name Isaac. Is one not the son of Archibald, or are the names mixed up? I can't believe he had two sons with the same name. Could someone straighten this out for me?

Brenda Ison (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2004 2:10PM GMT
Edited: 19 Oct 2004 2:29PM GMT
I meant on my last reply, that I could not find anything on Sir Gideon Ison.

Posted: 19 Oct 2004 2:16PM GMT
Surnames: Ison, Hamilton
Hi Brenda,
I do not list two sons named Isaac for Arch Ison. I only list Isaac b. ca. 1810 in Morgan Co. KY; married Anna Amelia Hamilton d/o Ned Hamilton; marriage date Dec. 4th 1832 in Morgan Co. KY.
I list Doctor s/o Isaac and Anna Hamilton Ison as being born Feb. 14, 1843 in Morgan Co. KY. I have no info on Doctor's wife. I do list that Doc's brother William Ison b. ca. 1846 in Morgan Co. KY; married Hettie Ester Hamilton on April 20, 1826 in Morgan Co. KY. I am still researching these lines-so be sure to document everything.
The Morgan Co. KY Site is here:
http://www.rootsweb.com/~kymorgan/index.html
You can do a search for Ison Family Info on the front page.
Best,
Ramona

Posted: 19 Oct 2004 2:29PM GMT
Hello Brenda,
I cannot connect Sir Gideon Ison to our Ison families here in America.
The Gideon Ison Cemetery; where several Male Cousins named Gideon Ison named are buried is in Letcher Co. KY:
http://www.rootsweb.com/~kyletch/cemetery/records/lin.htm#09
Good luck in your research.
Ramona

per page

Find a board about a specific topic