Sugar Cr,Wayne Co., OH/McAfee family history & genealogy message board. Hosted by Ancestry.com. Forum of community contributed messages helping members research the McAfee, William Sr. b. 1777 & wife, Margaret "Martha" Taggart, Co Antrim, IRL>Sugar Cr,Wayne Co., OH/McAfee topic."/> Sugar Cr,Wayne Co., OH, , , Ancestry, Genealogy, Family, History, Family History, Ancestors, Community, relatives, surnames "/> McAfee, William Sr. b. 1777 & wife, Margaret "Martha" Taggart, Co Antrim, IRL>Sugar Cr,Wayne Co., OH - McAfee - Family History & Genealogy Message Board - Ancestry.com

Search for content in message boards

McAfee, William Sr. b. 1777 & wife, Margaret "Martha" Taggart, Co Antrim, IRL>Sugar Cr,Wayne Co., OH

McAfee, William Sr. b. 1777 & wife, Margaret "Martha" Taggart, Co Antrim, IRL>Sugar Cr,Wayne Co., OH

Posted: 18 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jun 2002 8:04AM GMT
Surnames: McAfee, McAffee, McDuffee, Taggart, Stinson, McQuigg, Dinsmore, Cherry, Swigart, McElhinney, McClelland, Ulrich, Orr, Gorrell, Shelly, Ray, Clan MacFie, Clan McDuffee, Macdhubhsith
Researching the descendants of William McAfee Sr.
born abt. 1777 and his wife, Margaret "Martha" (Taggart)
Ray? born abt. 1780 of West Park, Dunluce Parish, Co. Antrim, Ireland. They married in 1802 in Co. Antrim. Their
children include:
Samuel McAfee b. 12/25/1804 who m. Grace Stinson &
2nd wife, Susan Gorrell.
James McAfee b. 1809 who m. Rachel Dinsmore of
Ballywattick, Co. Antrim, IRL abt. 1837. 2nd wife, Elizabeth
Cherry. Migrated to Wells Co., Indiana.
John McAfee b. 1815 who m. Ellen ?? Migrated to
Troy Twp., Athens Co., Ohio.
Robert McAfee b. 1822 single.
Martha Jane (McAfee) McQuigg b. 1810-14 who m.
John McQuigg Sr. & later, David Orr.
William McAfee Jr. b. 1821 who m. Rebecca Swigart.
Rebecca later remarried to Joseph Ulrich.
Mathew McAfee b. 1823 who m. Margaret McElhinney
b. 1822 of Bedford Co., PA. ** my gg grandparents

William McAfee Sr. & Margaret "Martha" along with their
children, grandchildren, emigrated from West Park,Dunluce Parish, Co. Antrim, Ireland to Sugar Creek Twp., Wayne Co., Ohio in 1838 - 1839. They were farmers and Presbyterians. Believed to have descended from Scottish
Covenanters. William may have used the last name of
McDuffee (unverified) while in Ireland. McAfee and McDuffee are interchangeable in Ireland. Looking for
McAfee, McAffee, McDuffee ancestors in West Park, Dunluce Parish, Co. Antrim, Ireland and nearby areas.
Looking for descendants of the above family in Ohio.

My genealogical website:
http://www.my-ged.com/jmcafee
or
http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/m/c/a/Jerry--jay-A-Mcaf...
(the last under construction)

My lineage:

William McAfee Sr. & Margaret "Martha"
to
Mathew McAfee & Margaret McElhinney
to
Mathew Porter McAfee & Eliza Belle Garner
(OH > Marion Co., Missouri)
to
Charles Thomas Mahlon McAfee & Lillian (Crawford) McAfee Shores
to
Jerry Ray McAfee & Mary Evelyn Glascock
to
me.

Thanks for viewing and I look forward to any additional
info from fellow researchers and/or McAfee descendants.

Jay

Hilliard Henry McAFEE/Joyce Voils BOSTIC

Posted: 29 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2001 3:05PM GMT
Surnames: McAFEE, BOSTIC
I am looking for the parentage of Hilliard Henry McAFEE, b. June 24, 1845 in Forsyth Co, GA. married to Joyce Viola BOSTIC, March 17, 1867 in Arkansas. They had 15 children , all born in Prairie View, Arkansas. He later married Sarah Letitia PEARSON and had three more children.

Re: Hilliard Henry McAFEE/Joyce Voils BOSTIC

Belinda Johnson-Thurman (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2002 1:58AM GMT
Surnames: McAfee
My name is Belinda Johnson-Thurman

Hugh McDuffie McAfee was my great-great-great grandfather. He was born 12-24-1821 and died 7-27-1893.He married Roseanna Toal born 12-11-1824 and died 4-12-1903. Hugh McDuffee McAfee was born in North Carolina and Roseanna in South Carolina. Hugh was a Civil War Veteren, and afterwards they made their home in Navarro Co. Texas.
Hilliard was one of 10 children. Their first child was Hilliard Henry McAfee (my great-great grandfather) who later married Joyce Viola Bostick. Hilliard had 18 children with two marriages. My great grandmother Sarah Cornelia McAfee (aka Sally) was number 11. Sarah married Joseph Clark Johnson and their youngest child Gerrel Dean Johnson was my grandfather. He married Mary Frances Pickard, and their youngest son was my dad, Gerrel David Johnson.

Im very interested in reading any information you may have, and getting to know how we may be related. I would be happy to pass on any more information I may have.

Thanks
Belinda Johnson-Thurman

Posted: 10 Jul 2004 10:46PM GMT
Surnames: McAfee
Hi Belinda, I dont recall if we have spoken but I am descended from Hugh McDuffie McAfee thru his son, Charles Renow McAfee, the next brother to Hilliard Henry McAfee.

I have some info posted at our county website at
http://www.rootsweb.com/~txnavarr but of course not everything is out there. Love to hear from you, my appologies if we have already talked. My memory is getting shorter all the time ! ..ed williams

Posted: 29 Jun 2007 2:23AM GMT
Belinda,
I know we have exchanged info before, but if you have anything new, I would like to chat.
Angela Ross... familytree801@chilitech.com
Sally Johnson was also my ggmother.

Posted: 29 Jun 2007 2:44AM GMT
Belinda...can't type..email is familytree801@hotmail.com..I'll try you at your email :)

Re: McAfee, William Sr. b. 1777 & wife, Margaret "Martha" Taggart, Co Antrim, IRL>Sugar Cr,Wayne Co., OH

Posted: 24 Jan 2008 3:35AM GMT
I have a WIlliam Washington McAfee married to a Martha Jane Beckham?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions