Search for content in message boards

Passenger list Ship Beausite 1866

Passenger list Ship Beausite 1866

Posted: 4 May 2012 12:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 May 2012 12:37PM GMT
I have a list of passengers arriving in Cape Morton,Queensland on the Ship Beausite 20 August 1866
reply to this thread for a look up.

Re: Passenger list Ship Beausite 1866

Posted: 23 Sep 2012 1:41AM GMT
Hi, i have some info that one of my relative arrive on the Beausite on 20 Aug 1866 then settled in Gayndah QLD.
Thanks

Posted: 24 Sep 2012 5:19AM GMT
Hi KYB 4159 re ship Beausite 1866 please send the names of the people you wish me to look up on the list and I will try to do the check as soon as I can.
Snowey

Posted: 24 Sep 2012 10:22AM GMT
Hi Snowey,

I was looking for Kann family, I have found info that Hans, Anna, Hargen & Detlef sailed was just wondering if any other family member were onboard

Thanks

Posted: 24 Sep 2012 11:07PM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Surnames: Kann
Re Kann Family, there were only 4 family members departing Hamburg 12 May 1866 on board the Ship Beausite with Captian H Bruhn. And came to anchor at Morton Bay Qld 4pm 20 August 1866
Note the ship left the River Elbe 19 May 1866.

They were from Wohrden, Holstein,Prussia.(Holstein was a Prussian province before 1866)
Hans is listed as an Arbeitor..(Worker/Workman) aged 39 yrs
Anna 45 yrs
Hargen 14 yrs
Detlef 8 years.

The list shows another family from the same town and they were the Hinz family.
When I get more time I will write a story from all the information I have on the Journey of the ship and its arrival in Qld and I will post it here for you and others.

Posted: 12 Oct 2012 7:20PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Hello,

Thanks for this, the name is KREBS (Elizabeth). I just wanted to confirm her family's names.

Appreciate your help on this, thank you..

Posted: 13 Oct 2012 9:41AM GMT
Surnames: Krebs
Krebs Family all from Blankenmoor, Holstein.
Freidrich age 50 ---- Arbeiter (Workman)
Elisabeth Age 42.
Peter age 20 --- Zimmerman (Carpenter)
Hans age 17 ---Schaefer (Sheppard)
Jacob age 13
Johannes age 10
Bernhard Age 4

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 5:04AM GMT
Wow! Thank you very very very much for this.. That's exactly the information I needed!

Take care.

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 3:34AM GMT
This article saved me writing the story.

The Brisbane Courier (Qld. : 1864 - 1933) Thursday 20 September 1866.

THE BEAUSITE.

The Hamburg ship Beausite, Captain. C. Bruhn left the river Elbe and discharged her pilot May 19, at 2 p.m.
She passed the Lizard on the 22nd, three days out, and experienced very light north east trades.
She crossed the equator of June 17, in longitude 29 deg. 14 min. west.
Where the south- east trades should prevail, she experienced five days south-west winds, with squalls, which carried the ship within 80 miles of the Brazilian coast.
She sighted Tristan "d'Acunha when 45 days out, passed the meridian of the Cape of Good Hope on July 13,in latitude 43 deg. 50 min. S., and thence to south-west cape of Van Diemen's Land had strong westerly gales.
Her easting was run down between latitudes 45 deg. and 46 deg. south.
Off the south-west Cape of Van Diemen's Land she met with three days north- easterly winds, and after that fair winds and fine weather to Cape Moreton, where she was boarded by Pilot Sholl, and came to an anchor under Yellow Patch at 4 p.m. on the 20th August; thus making the passage from the Elbe in 93 days. The total distance sailed was 15,636 geographical miles.
The Beausite started with Mr. Max Thenau, cabin passenger, and 389 souls in the steerage under the medical supervision of Dr. Zuhrhorst.
Sixteen of the original passengers and two new-born children died during the passage, and five births occurred. Among the deaths were five adults. The rest were children under two years of ago. On her arrival here there were some cases of sickness on board, and the passengers were detained on board the ship to ascertain whether any new ones would appear.
At the expiration of twenty days, terminating on September 11, it was found that the persons sick when the vessel arrived had recovered, and that all the rest of the passengers remained in perfect health. This being the case the ship was admitted to pratique, and many of the passengers, between 150 and 200, were landed at the old depot, South Brisbane, on that day from the Kate, s.
The passengers generally seem well pleased with their treatment on board ship, for they have presented Captain Bruhn with a numerously signed testimonial.
We may mention that this is the third voyage that the Beausite has made to this port under command of Captain Bruhn, and this is either his sixteenth or seventeenth to the Australian colonies.

From Captain Bruhn we learn that on July 27, when in lat. 44.30 S., and long. 81.34 E., he encountered a very heavy cyclone, commencing at north-east-by-north, and veering to west north-west, and from this last-named point the gale blew with the greatest violence.
During its continuance the barometer ranged from 29-42 down to 28-94. The tempest was accompanied by exceedingly vivid lightning, and lasted for about ten hours. The ship was scudding under close-roofed top- sails and foresail, when, at 2.30 a.m. on the 28th, in a sudden shift of wind to south-west, she broached to, and the whole of the canvas set blew away.
Immediately the main trysail and fore-topmast staysail were set, and these were also blown away by the violence of the gale. As it was impossible to set canvas during so furious a tempest, Captain Bruhn have the ship to under bare poles, and she remained in this plight for ten hours. The weather then moderated, a spare suit of sails were bent, and the ship stood on her course.
Two days later, as she was scudding before a heavy sea, one of the steerage passengers was thrown down on the deck by a heavy lurch, and severely fractured his leg.

Posted: 15 Jun 2013 3:05PM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Surnames: smith6132@att.net
I looking for a passager if she was on this ship her name was Maria Bollmann or Mary Bollmann
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions