Search for content in message boards

Passenger list Barque Wandrahm 1867

Passenger list Barque Wandrahm 1867

Posted: 4 May 2012 12:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 May 2012 12:43PM GMT
I have a list of passengers arriving in Port Adelaide,Australia. April 2 1867 and Sydney on the Barque Wandrahm
reply to this thread for a look up.

Re: Passenger list Barque Wandrahm 1867

Posted: 6 Jun 2012 5:58AM GMT
Surnames: Feder
My family (Feder) came to Australia on this ship so I would be very grateful to see a copy. Thankyou

Posted: 6 Jun 2012 1:19PM GMT
198Lynette The booklet I have is copywrite, I can give you the information contained in it but I cannot publish it's contents nor copy it. I can however send you a transcript of a newspaper article listing the arrivals but it hasn't got as much information as the Hamburg list.
The Feder Family that were on the Barque Wandrahm which departed Hamburg 27 October 1866 arrived in Adelaide 2 April 1867 were all from Essel in Preussen...Friedrich Feder aged 44 (occupation Landmann),Marie Feder aged 59,Wilhelm Feder aged 12,Auguste Feder aged 7 (female).

Landmann is a countryman or farmer.
Preussen translates to Prussia in english.

I also note a Friedrick Feder aged 17 also from Essel in Preussen His occupation landmann, he arrived on the ship Victoria Jan 25 1869 after departing Hamburg17 Oct 1868

Graham

Posted: 14 Jun 2012 9:51AM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 11 Aug 2013 9:35AM GMT

Posted: 14 Jun 2012 1:02PM GMT
Hi Lynette It is a difficult thing we do looking at the past.
The story handed down is usually with substance but can change from family to family. It was quite often that a member of the family came out first then the rest followed, it could also be possible that an immigrant can also be a 1 way crew member so not listed with the passengers, another possibility is the passenger was in the Brig(Gaol) on arrival so not registered at immigration muster.
A quick check of the name found a Heinrich Feder arrived on the ship Reihersteig Sunday 7th January 1866 from Hamburg departed Aug 14th 1865.
If Friedrich Feder went back to Germany what happened to wife Marie Feder

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 1:07AM GMT
My Family name is Feder and my family arrived in the Barque Wandrahm. The story I have heard is that Fredriech returned to Germany about 2 years after arriving here. I think they lived at Two Wells.My grandfather was Adolph John whose father was Wilhelm

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 1:23AM GMT
Where can I get a copy of that booklet

Len

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 11:30AM GMT
Hi Leonard I got my copy from Gould geneology, I'm not sure if any more are available, I have a feeling they are out of print and as it is copyright I cannot send you a copy.
You could try Queensland Family History Society they own the copyright and maybe able to print more.

Posted: 9 May 2013 10:26AM GMT
I have just come across this thread. My gradfather was Albert Feder son of Wilhelm and Wilhelmine. I know you Len but who are the other two. Can I have the info on the booklet as well please Graham. My Mm said that Wilheme and family did go to Two Wells or Pt Gawler area. Then she knows that he went to Barton Tce Nth Adelaide. Fredriech his father when they came out here with a Marie, she seems to me that there was a large age gap between Fredeirich and Marie so I wondered if they were married, but related as it seems as though she didn't go back to Germany, but I don't know what happened to her

Posted: 9 May 2013 11:34AM GMT
Hi, from your message I gather you would like to know who the other two commentors are! snowey561 is myself, and Lynette198 is a private member tree so I cannot give out her info.
Yes there seems to be a large gap in ages of Fredeirick and Marie, and can possible be explained by the fact that quite a few ages were guessed by the ships Booking office, but it also was not uncommon for the woman to take a younger man.
A lot of the Info can be gained from the previous posts and I can forward you a copy of any Information I have sent the other two, where shall I send it?
Were Wilhelm and Wilhelmina living at Ambleside,SA in 1933?Did Wilhelm pass away in Adelaide on 28 Dec 1933?
Do you need any further help with this line of your family?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic