Search for content in message boards

Hooks Info

Hooks Info

Posted: 29 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Jan 2002 3:36PM GMT
Surnames: HOOKS, BUMSTEAD
I am searching for info on the HOOKS family of Hardin Co. Vernon C. HOOKS' father abandoned him and his mother when he was very small. I do not know what his father's given name was, but believe his mother's name was Ella BUMSTEAD. Any information on this HOOKS family will be greatly appreciated.

Headstones

Lewis Hall (View posts)
Posted: 29 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: Hooks
Found these headstones in Hardin County.

----------------------------------------------------
Last Name..........: Hooks
First Name.........: Anthionette
Information........: 3-24-1919 8-23-1920 Dau of Mr. & Mrs. DC
First Name.........:
Information........:
Photo..............: Hook0002
Cemetery Name......: Hall Cemetery
Cemetery Location..: Thicket, Hardin Co., Texas
Source.............: Photos Hardin Co. Texas Cemeteries by Lewis W. Hall

----------------------------------------------------
Last Name..........: Hooks
First Name.........: Orville C.
Information........: 2-26-1897 5-16-1973 Tx Pvt US Army World I
First Name.........: Lavena
Information........: 9-20-1899 2-27-1981
Photo..............: Hook0001
Cemetery Name......: Hall Cemetery
Cemetery Location..: Thicket, Hardin Co., Texas
Source.............: Photos Hardin Co. Texas Cemeteries by Lewis W. Hall

Hope this helps.
Information was taken from my database of cemeteries of Hardin County.

Lewis Hall

Hooks in Hall Cemetery

Marcy Stutzman (View posts)
Posted: 29 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hooks
There are some Hooks buried in the Hall Cemetery (can look up in book, Hardin County Texas Cemeteries)

Re: Hooks Info

Jim Bumstead (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2002 5:50PM GMT
We have an Alice Bumstead with Austin Hooks oarents of Vernon. We can fit her in Might have been an Olia. If you have anything on the Bumstead let us know.
Jim Bumstead

Re: Hooks Info

Posted: 23 Sep 2002 7:32PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2006 10:32PM GMT
Patsy,

I see that my dear cousin, Jim Bumstead, has previously written to you about this. My data conflicts with Jim's and I would like to find out which is correct. We differ in that he shows Austin (Alston?) Hooks to be Vernon Hooks' father, while I have that Austin/Alston is his grandfather -- my data having his father being Henry Allen Hooks. I suspect that both Jim's and my data show the same woman as being his mother -- an Alice Bumstead, though the name we have for her may be in error or incomplete (missing a middle or nick name). (I also think that, if my understanding of Jim's data is correct, that it makes his data suspect ... I believe we have Austin's marriages -- to Elizabeth Forehand and then to Mary "Polly" Cravey well-documented. He would have had to had a child by the Bumstead woman after his marriage to Polly Cravey and he would have been 87 years old at Vernon's birth!)

Below is what I have -- note that my only (recorded) sources are tombstones and SSDI:

Descendants of Henry Allen Hooks

FIRST GENERATION

1. Henry Allen Hooks was born in 1864 to Austin/Alston Hooks (1805/06 - 1888) and Mary "Polly" Cravey (ca 1808-aft 1869). He died on November 7, 1933.

Henry Allen Hooks was married to Marjory Walton (daughter of Ben Walton) in 1883. Marjory Walton was born on April 11, 1866. She died in 1897. Henry Allen Hooks and Marjory Walton had the following children:

2 i. daughter Hooks died in 1883.

He was married to Lizzie Smith on July 29, 1888.

He was married to Alice Bumstead on April 7, 1892. Alice Bumstead was born about 1870.

Henry Allen Hooks and Alice Bumstead had the following children:

+3 i. Vernon C. Hooks (born on January 20, 1893).

He was married to Ola Mae Reid in 1914.

He was married to Annie Bellow in 1927. Annie Bellow was born about 1870.

He was married to Mollie Lazenby in 1936.

SECOND GENERATION

3. Vernon C. Hooks (Henry Allen-1) was born on January 20, 1893. He died on April 11, 1963. He was buried in Hooks Cemetery, Hardin county, Texas. tombstone: HOOKS, Vernon 1893 - 1963 He had Social Security Number 459 03 9243. VERNON HOOKS, 20 Jan 1893, Oct 1963, LR Texas, 459-03-9243, issued TX

He was married to Dottie L. Vera Sanson.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions